It’s fair time in the Tri-State!
The Dutchess County Fair opens today in Rhinebeck and later this week there’s a bunch of others, including the New York State Fair in Syracuse and the Feast of Santa Rosalia along 18th avenue in Brooklyn (which is back this Thursday after a one year absence).
We all know that a lot of people go just for the food, and there’s a hot new thing out: Deep fried butter on a stick!
What exactly is it? They freeze it, dunk it in funnel cake batter, lower it into the deep fryer, then drizzle it with icing.
Health experts say it’s about the worst thing you can eat!
Krispy Kreme is also getting into the act with a line of treats inspired by “summer fair flavors,” including Cotton Candy donuts, Caramel Apple Cake donuts, and a Cotton Candy Chiller.
Listen to Dan Deb and G discuss fair food, including deep fried butter on a stick:
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Barbra Streisand Set To Perform in Israel
- From The Doors To X, Ray Manzarek’s Legacy – In His Own Words
- Study Shows Many Handbags Have More Bacteria Than A Toilet
- Out Today: The Rolling Stones Documentary Crossfire Hurricane
- Mr. G’s Hot And Humid Tuesday Forecast