Singer Scott McKenzie, famous for singing “San Francisco (Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Hair),” a hit in 1967 during the “Summer of Love,” died on Saturday (August 18).
A statement on McKenzie’s website says “It is with much sadness that we report the passing of Scott McKenzie in LA on 18th August, 2012. Scott had been very ill recently and passed away in his home after two weeks in hospital.” He was 73 years old.
For more on this story, go to CBS San Francisco.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Barbra Streisand Set To Perform in Israel
- From The Doors To X, Ray Manzarek’s Legacy – In His Own Words
- Study Shows Many Handbags Have More Bacteria Than A Toilet
- Out Today: The Rolling Stones Documentary Crossfire Hurricane
- Mr. G’s Hot And Humid Tuesday Forecast
- Turntable Tuesday: The Who’s Head Smashing Performance Of ‘My Generation’