Mr. G says showers are going to be a factor for early in the weekend, but we can only hope the bad weather holds off because we have some big events taking place! Get all the details on The Jacksons free show in Brooklyn, the ironman triathlon and so much more!
The Jacksons will do a FREE show tomorrow night at the Seaside Summer Concert Series in Coney Island!
Head over to the boardwalk at West 21st Street, right next to the Brooklyn Cyclones stadium at 7pm. Bring your own chair or rent one for $5.
Another Saturday morning of Summer Streets is upon us!
The free zip line at Foley Square continues to be the highlight, with the starting platform two-and-a-half stories in the air, and you’ll zip for 160 feet!
Summer Streets takes place from 7am to 1pm, banning cars from Park Avenue at 72nd Street down through Lafayette Street to the Brooklyn Bridge.
The first ever Ironman Triathlon debuts tomorrow with 2,500 athletes from around the globe participating!
Check out what they have to do:
- The race kicks off with a 2.6 mile swim toward the George Washington Bridge (this could change with the raw sewage that has spilled into the river).
- The athletes then hop onto their bikes for 112 miles of scenic loops on the Palisades Parkway
- They finish with a 26.2-mile run, so expect street closures in the city
Hudson River Park’s Riverflicks continues tonight with a movie for the kids!
Head down to Pier 46 around 8:30pm to check out Johnny Depp’s Rango. Free popcorn for everyone!
The 35th annual New York Renaissance Faire continues this weekend in at Sterling Forest in Tuxedo Park.
Enjoy 16th Century themed games, rides, food, music and dance and kids get in free this weekend!
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- This Week In History: The Mamas And The Papas Plus A Double Dose From The ’70s & ’80s
- Joe Causi’s Top 5 Movies From The 1980s
- George Michael Injured In Car Crash
- Make It So: A ‘Star Trek’ Playlist
- Study Shows ‘Fat Talkers’ Not Popular In Social Circles