Tom Petty Plays Amazon Exec’s Wedding – After He Was Scammed For A Phony Petty Show
It was a rock and roll scam with a happy ending. Amazon exec Brian Valentine booked Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers to play his wedding, or so he thought. After giving a “talent agent” a $165,000 down payment to get the Rock and Roll Hall of Famers to play the reception, he learned that he had been defrauded.
According to The Smoking Gun, Valentine first approached a man named Chris Lund through his “LundLive” website (which has since been taken dow); the site said that Lund represented Petty and several other big-name performers.
- Matt Dolloff, 100.7 WZLX
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Paul McCartney Plans Collector’s Edition of ‘New’ for October
- A Motorcycle, A Mercedes, and An Audi Drive Into An Intersection…
- Bono, Liam Neeson Have Been Screenwriting a Film Together
- Chrissie Hynde on Too Much Sex Appeal in Pop: ‘Maybe They Should Just Be Making Porn Films’
- Rolling Stones to Release Live Albums from 1975, 1981
- Sharon Osbourne Says U2 Gave Away ‘Mediocre Music’ for Free Because ‘No One Wants to Buy It’