Tom Petty Plays Amazon Exec’s Wedding – After He Was Scammed For A Phony Petty Show
It was a rock and roll scam with a happy ending. Amazon exec Brian Valentine booked Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers to play his wedding, or so he thought. After giving a “talent agent” a $165,000 down payment to get the Rock and Roll Hall of Famers to play the reception, he learned that he had been defrauded.
According to The Smoking Gun, Valentine first approached a man named Chris Lund through his “LundLive” website (which has since been taken dow); the site said that Lund represented Petty and several other big-name performers.
- Matt Dolloff, 100.7 WZLX
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- ‘Being Brad Blanks': A Red Carpet Interview About John Malkovich’s Study of the Octopus
- Stew Leonard Says His 37lb Turkey Doesn’t Use Performance Enhancing Drugs
- Aretha Franklin Says Unauthorized ‘Respect’ Biography is ‘Full of Lies’
- AC/DC’s New Album, ‘Rock or Bust,’ Is Now Streaming
- Bob Dylan Played a Show for 1 Fan Yesterday
- Bono and Robin Thicke Among the Least Influential People of 2014, Says GQ