Tom Petty Plays Amazon Exec’s Wedding – After He Was Scammed For A Phony Petty Show
It was a rock and roll scam with a happy ending. Amazon exec Brian Valentine booked Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers to play his wedding, or so he thought. After giving a “talent agent” a $165,000 down payment to get the Rock and Roll Hall of Famers to play the reception, he learned that he had been defrauded.
According to The Smoking Gun, Valentine first approached a man named Chris Lund through his “LundLive” website (which has since been taken dow); the site said that Lund represented Petty and several other big-name performers.
- Matt Dolloff, 100.7 WZLX
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Win Tickets To See RAIN: A Tribute To The Beatles
- Win Tickets To See Spandau Ballet In Concert
- Ringo Starr Announces New Album ‘Postcards from Paradise’
- Ariana Grande, Lady Gaga, the Band Perry, John Legend Added to Stevie Wonder GRAMMY Tribute
- Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath: Geezer Butler Arrested for Death Valley Bar Fight
- Brian Wilson’s New Album to Feature Zooey Deschanel, Kacey Musgraves, fun.’s Nate Ruess