It was a rock and roll scam with a happy ending. Amazon exec Brian Valentine booked Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers to play his wedding, or so he thought. After giving a “talent agent” a $165,000 down payment to get the Rock and Roll Hall of Famers to play the reception, he learned that he had been defrauded.
According to The Smoking Gun, Valentine first approached a man named Chris Lund through his “LundLive” website (which has since been taken dow); the site said that Lund represented Petty and several other big-name performers.
– Matt Dolloff, 100.7 WZLX
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Win Tickets To The Classic East At CitiField
- Album John Lennon Autographed for David Chapman Up for Sale Again
- Fleetwood Mac to be Honored as 2018 MusiCares Person(s) of the Year
- Kid Rock’s ‘Pimp of the Nation’ Senate Campaign Unveils Merch
- Roger Waters Debuts Haunting Video for ‘Wait for Her’
- Madonna Seeks to Halt Auction of “Used Underwear,” Personal Tupac Letter