Bob Dylan Christens Reopening Of Port Chester’s Iconic Capitol Theatre
The legendary Capitol Theatre in Port Chester has housed numerous musical icons during its heyday during the 1960s and ’70s, from Janis Joplin to the Grateful Dead. New life is being pumped into the old chestnut, with a star-studded Fall concert lineup which includes Al Green, the Steve Miller Band and The Moody Blues.
But when the Capitol Theatre reopens its doors for the first time on September 4, it will be for one of the most influential musicians from the past half century; Bob Dylan. Joined by his band, Dylan will roll into Port Chester just days before the September 11 release of his latest album Tempest, nearly guaranteeing those in attendance will be treated to some new, unheard tracks in addition to some timeless classics.
“It’s going to give the theatre a lot of positive momentum from the beginning, and I think that is something that will benefit all of the shows that come after September 4th,” says Peter Shapiro, co-founder of Brooklyn Bowl, who has poured $2 million into revitalizing the fabled music venue.
Tickets for Bob Dylan and his band go on sale August 17 at 10am through ticketfly.com or by calling 877-4-FLY-TIX (435-9849).
For the Capitol Theatre’s full Fall concert schedule head over to thecapitoltheatre.com.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Roger Waters Needs to Remind You He’s Not on Pink Floyd’s New Album
- Stream Stevie Nicks’ New Album ’24 Karat Gold: Songs From the Vault’
- Listen To This Beautiful Ryan Adams Cover Of Foreigner’s ‘I Want To Know What Love Is’
- Prepare Your iCloud: U2’s Next Album is Already 70 Percent Complete
- Jimmy Page Conditionally Ponders 2015 Solo Tour
- Queen Releases Stripped-Down Version of Freddie Mercury’s ‘Love Kills': Listen