Bob Dylan Christens Reopening Of Port Chester’s Iconic Capitol Theatre
The legendary Capitol Theatre in Port Chester has housed numerous musical icons during its heyday during the 1960s and ’70s, from Janis Joplin to the Grateful Dead. New life is being pumped into the old chestnut, with a star-studded Fall concert lineup which includes Al Green, the Steve Miller Band and The Moody Blues.
But when the Capitol Theatre reopens its doors for the first time on September 4, it will be for one of the most influential musicians from the past half century; Bob Dylan. Joined by his band, Dylan will roll into Port Chester just days before the September 11 release of his latest album Tempest, nearly guaranteeing those in attendance will be treated to some new, unheard tracks in addition to some timeless classics.
“It’s going to give the theatre a lot of positive momentum from the beginning, and I think that is something that will benefit all of the shows that come after September 4th,” says Peter Shapiro, co-founder of Brooklyn Bowl, who has poured $2 million into revitalizing the fabled music venue.
Tickets for Bob Dylan and his band go on sale August 17 at 10am through ticketfly.com or by calling 877-4-FLY-TIX (435-9849).
For the Capitol Theatre’s full Fall concert schedule head over to thecapitoltheatre.com.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- This Week In History: The Beatles, Jean Knight & Heart
- Katherine Heigl and Alexis Bledel Star in Lesbian Love Story ‘Jenny’s Wedding': Watch
- You Will be Watching Music Videos Through Facebook Very Soon
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Join Brian Wilson on Stage in New Jersey
- The New ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Series Looks Funny and Very Twisted: Watch the Trailer
- Say Hello To Quasi Modo, the World’s Ugliest Dog