In the days since the death of Marshall Tucker Band guitarist Stuart Swanlund on August 4, there’s been a bit of confusion about their previously scheduled concert dates (they were in the midst of a tour when Swanlund passed away). The band has issued a statement to clarify their upcoming plans.
“Though Swanlund had not been active in the band for most of 2012, due to health problems, he remained a member of the group in spirit. The band will continue on its tour with the exception of this Sunday’s Nova Scotia date, which has been cancelled due to routing and logistical problems that came as result of Swanlund’s funeral arrangements.”
Swanlund’s funeral will be held Saturday August 11, 2012 at 11:00 AM at the Good Shepherd Memorial Park in Boiling Springs, SC. The Marshall Tucker Band will be in attendance to pay respects to their late bandmate.
Flowers and cards may be sent to:
Good Shepherd Memorial Park
4164 Hwy 9
Boiling Springs, SC 29316
– Brian Ives, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Prince Debuts New Video For ‘FIXURLIFEUP’
- Joe Nolan Kicks Off The Summer With Bruce Springsteen’s Born To Run
- Bono, Richard Branson, Olivia Wilde Join Matt Damon’s ‘Toilet Strike’
- Paul McCartney On Pussy Riot: ‘Further Incarceration Will Be Harmful’
- Brian May On ‘The Voice’: ‘Dull, Dumb, Depressing’
- Ritchie Blackmore’s Biggest (Guitar) Smashes