This morning, plans were announced for a one-day concert, The Global Festival, which will feature Neil Young & Crazy Horse and the Foo Fighters, September 29 at the Great Lawn at New York City’s Central Park.
Billed as “A free ticketed music festival to help end extreme poverty,” the show will also feature modern rock bands The Black Keys and Band Of Horses and Somali/Canadian singer/songwriter/rapper K’Naan.
Information on how to get tickets is available at Global Citizen’s website: you can earn tickets by “learning, sharing and taking action against global poverty.” Three points gets you into a drawing to win a pair of tickets to the festival. There are also limited V.I.P. tickets available that you can purchase.
The Foo Fighters said on their Facebook page that “We are very proud to be lending a hand to such a creative, important event and are looking forward to adding to the noise in the big park and helping the effort toward reducing the global shame of deep poverty.”
— Brian Ives, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- The Beatles’ Hometown Plots ‘Sgt. Pepper’s’ 50th Anniversary Celebration
- The Deed’s Sidney Torres Talks House Flipping, Real Estate and Lenny Kravitz
- Paris Jackson: Alice Cooper is a ‘Total Bae’
- Blondie Release ‘Long Time’ Written by Dev Hynes of Blood Orange
- Listen to Chuck Berry’s Posthumous ‘Big Boys’ from New Album ‘Chuck’
- 9 Artists Who Should Present Tupac at Rock Hall Induction