This morning, plans were announced for a one-day concert, The Global Festival, which will feature Neil Young & Crazy Horse and the Foo Fighters, September 29 at the Great Lawn at New York City’s Central Park.
Billed as “A free ticketed music festival to help end extreme poverty,” the show will also feature modern rock bands The Black Keys and Band Of Horses and Somali/Canadian singer/songwriter/rapper K’Naan.
Information on how to get tickets is available at Global Citizen’s website: you can earn tickets by “learning, sharing and taking action against global poverty.” Three points gets you into a drawing to win a pair of tickets to the festival. There are also limited V.I.P. tickets available that you can purchase.
The Foo Fighters said on their Facebook page that “We are very proud to be lending a hand to such a creative, important event and are looking forward to adding to the noise in the big park and helping the effort toward reducing the global shame of deep poverty.”
— Brian Ives, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Macy Gray Covers Metallica’s ‘Nothing Else Matters’
- Bruce Springsteen Plays Four Hour Concert in NJ
- Watch Britney Spears Go For a Ride in ‘Carpool Karaoke’
- Listen: Led Zeppelin’s Previously Unreleased Song ‘Sunshine Woman’
- Ted Nugent May Run for President
- Clinton vs Trump: The 2016 U.S. Presidential Election In Playlists