This morning, plans were announced for a one-day concert, The Global Festival, which will feature Neil Young & Crazy Horse and the Foo Fighters, September 29 at the Great Lawn at New York City’s Central Park.
Billed as “A free ticketed music festival to help end extreme poverty,” the show will also feature modern rock bands The Black Keys and Band Of Horses and Somali/Canadian singer/songwriter/rapper K’Naan.
Information on how to get tickets is available at Global Citizen’s website: you can earn tickets by “learning, sharing and taking action against global poverty.” Three points gets you into a drawing to win a pair of tickets to the festival. There are also limited V.I.P. tickets available that you can purchase.
The Foo Fighters said on their Facebook page that “We are very proud to be lending a hand to such a creative, important event and are looking forward to adding to the noise in the big park and helping the effort toward reducing the global shame of deep poverty.”
— Brian Ives, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Jay Z Bids on Prince’s Unreleased Music: Report
- The Rolling Stones Played a Private Gig for Patriots Owner Robert Kraft
- Win Tickets To The Jingle Bell Bottom Ball At The NYCB Theatre
- Watch an Epic Pentatonix Version of ‘Hallelujah’
- Get Ready for a Virtual Reality ABBA
- Watch Phil Collins Perform ‘In the Air Tonight’ with Tonight Show Band