Elton John Disses Madonna: “Her Career Is Over”
Elton John isn’t known for keeping quiet, but it seems he’s now wishing he did.
In an interview on Australia’s Channel 7 Sunday night (August 5) expressed himself about Madonna‘s recent concert shenanigans like abruptly ending her recent Paris show and flashing her nipple to an audience in Istanbul.
He told the interviewer, Molly Medrum, that the Material Girl’s career is over and her tour has been a disaster. “It couldn’t happen to a bigger c***,” he said.
Elton later asked, “Why is she such a nightmare?” before commenting that Madonna’s been “so horrible to Gaga,” who’s the godmother to his son Zachary.
“If Madonna had any common sense, she would have made a record like Ray of Light, stayed away from the dance stuff and just been a great pop singer and made great pop records, which she does brilliantly,” Elton explained.
The “Rocket Man” singer then goes on to call Madonna a “fairground stripper.”
Though John’s publicity team contacted an Australian entertainment reporter to say the quotes were fabricated, the interview had already aired on television. John’s team then said the conversation with Medrum was off the record.
This isn’t the first time Elton has talked badly about Madge. Earlier this year, Elton John called Madonna out in an interview for lip-syncing at the Super Bowl. This came after John and his partner, David Furnish dissed her at the Golden Globes, where she won the trophy for Best Song, beating out Elton.
Madonna has yet to comment about the interview.
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Led Zeppelin’s Motion for Dismissal Denied in ‘Stairway to Heaven’ Lawsuit
- Radio.com Minimation: Robert Plant Recalls How ‘Stairway to Heaven’ Was Written
- Pumpkin Festival/Riot Reporter Gets the Business from Irate Organizer
- Ohio State Marching Band Breaks Out the Classic Rock
- And Now, the CUTEST Touchdown, EVER!
- “Happy Days’” Donny Most Talks “Singing & Swinging” To Sinatra and Dean Martin!