CBS-FM got a little face … er, uh … voice lift this week as it welcomed a new member to the Deep Voice Team. Joining Ziggy will be Earl Mann, a name that might not ring a bell, but whose voice will set off sirens once it you hear it.
Remember those epic NFL Films VHS tapes (YES, we said VHS) that highlighted a teams season in an hour with slow motion montages of game highlights while that perfect voice offered insightful commentary? That’s Earl Mann. If you’re from the New York/New Jersey area, you probably have the tapes covering the New York Giants Championship seasons from 1986 and 1990 (Phil Simms going 22-25 for 3 TDs in ’86 and “WIDE RIGHT” from ’90).
Mann’s voice (and face!) were also featured in Late Show with David Letterman promos in the late 1990s.
Mann also has some movie cred on his resume. He was an attorney in Terminal Justice, the narrator in The Comeback and Idiocracy (2006), where his serious tone made the loony narrating comedy gold.
Want to know what Earl Mann will sound like on CBS-FM?
Here’s a sample!
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Paul McCartney Treats Minneapolis Crowd to Prince’s ‘Let’s Go Crazy’
- Watch Paul McCartney Cover Prince’s ‘Let’s Go Crazy’
- Prince Group The Family Re-Release ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ With Video
- Janet Jackson Drops Video for ‘Dammn Baby’
- US Attorney’s Office and DEA Join Prince investigation
- Celebrate Prince: ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ Lyrics Take Special Meaning Today