The Jacksons will continue their reunion tour with an additional show on Saturday, August 11th when they perform as part of the Seaside Summer Concert Series held at West 21st Street and Surf Avenue in Coney Island, right next to MCU Park, home to the Brooklyn Cyclones.
The Jacksons’ August 11th show was preceded by A Tribute to Donna Summer featuring Gloria Gaynor, The Village People, The Trammps and Rose Royce, The Best of Classic Rock Night featuring Dennis DeYoung playing the music of Styx, Lou Gramm (Foreigner) and Bobby Kimball (Original Lead Singer of Toto).
Other than The Jacksons’ Saturday show on the 11th, other concerts you can still catch include Joan Jett and the Blackhearts on August 9th and the finale with Gladys Knight and The Commodores on August 16th.
Upon concluding their Summer tour, The Jacksons will journey into the studio for their first album since 1989′s 2300 Jackson Street. According to Jackie, the group’s latest venture will be modern but also revisit their roots.
“… a little bit of today, and also a return to our sound. We’re gonna keep it simple. We can’t shy away from our sound.”
The album will be released on the newly revived Motown label. Once completed, The Jacksons could possibly move forward with another tour, which has been rumored to possibly include a hologram version of the late Michael Jackson.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Mr. G’s Weekend Forecast: More Snow On The Way
- Anti-Defamation League Says Roger Waters is an Anti-Semite
- Beatles, Isley Brothers To Receive GRAMMY Lifetime Achievement Award
- U2 Nominated For Golden Globe Against Justin Timberlake, Taylor Swift
- Kevin Cronin of REO Speedwagon Talks New Music, Foo Fighters and the Nuge
- Mr. G’s Bitterly Cold Thursday Forecast