Rock And Roll Hall Of Famer Darlene Love Suffers Heart Attack; Vows To Keep Performing
Darlene Love was performing at Tim McLoone’s in Asbury, New Jersey over the weekend and experienced stomach pains and acid reflux right before she was scheduled to go on. Her husband Alton gave her an aspirin and she proceeded to perform.
The next day she had no appetite, her stomach was off and the pain became severe. She knew something was wrong was rushed her to the hospital.
Love had experienced a heart attack and was in the hospital for more than two days, being released yesterday afternoon. According to the doctor, Alton saved her life by immediately rushing her to the hospital.
“We caught it before it got bad and I went in and had the procedure done,” says Love. ” I’m home… and doing fine.”
Love, who is celebrating her 71st birthday today (July 26), is famous for songs like “He’s A Rebel,” “He’s Sure The Boy I Love” and “Christmas (Baby Please Come Home),” also starred in the Lethal Weapon films, and was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2011.
Other than the acid reflux and stomach ache, Love had no other symptoms that would indicate she had a blockage in her heart. Despite the setback with her health, Love hopes to be well enough to perform at her sold out show at the 54 Below Theatre in Midtown on August 6th.
“They told me I’d be fine in a couple of days. I can go back to my regular routine,” Love told Taylor.
Today is Darlene’s 71st birthday, and she is glad to still be with us.
Dan Taylor called Darlene this morning to wish her a happy birthday and to lift her spirits after a scary ordeal.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Ladies and Gentlemen: This Is How NOT To React When Your Car Gets Repossessed
- Tom Petty Slams EDM Culture and Electric Daisy Carnival: ‘Watch People Play Records? That’s Stupid’
- Paul McCartney Sets Wings’ ‘Venus and Mars’ and ‘At the Speed of Sound’ Reissue Dates
- Beastie Boys ‘Paul’s Boutique’ Mural Unveiled in New York City
- Aretha Franklin, Johnny Rockets Employee Have Beef, Singer Ordered Not to Sit Inside Restaurant