LOS ANGELES (CBS) – Movie review round-up site RottenTomatoes.com took the unprecedented step of turning off user feedback to critics’ summaries this week after comments began to become threatening to those critics cool to “The Dark Knight Rises,” Christopher Nolan’s final film in his Batman trilogy.
“The job of policing the comments became more than my staff could handle for that film, so we stopped the comments altogether,” said the site’s editor-in-chief Matt Atchity to the Associated Press. “It just got to be too much hate based on reactions to reviews of movies that people hadn’t even seen.”
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- The Pizza Compass Finds You A Late Night Slice!
- Mr. G’s Monday Forecast: Warmer With Possible Afternoon Showers
- Win Tickets For Willie Nelson
- Win Tickets To See The Monkees
- This Week In History: The Mamas And The Papas Plus A Double Dose From The ’70s & ’80s
- Joe Causi’s Top 5 Movies From The 1980s