Robert Plant Didn’t Elope With Band of Joy Cohort Patty Griffin
In a recent interview with U.K. newspaper The Independent, Plant semi-addresses rumors regarding him and his Band of Joy partner-in-crime, Patty Griffin, which swirled last fall when he was photographed wearing a wedding ring. “I eloped and ran off to Texas, so now I spend half my time there and half here (in the U.K.),” Plant said.
The press picked up on the elopement news in a literal sense, but Plant’s manager now tells E! News that the 63-year-old rock legend was cheekily referring to his living situation. “Robert has not married Patty Griffin,” his rep said. “He was just referring to the fact that he’s been residing in Texas.”
As for his Texas residence, Plant said in his Independent interview that he’s happily cohabiting with Griffin in an “old crack house” in Austin. “I tap my hand on the table and termites fly out the walls in this huge cloud, like something from a Disney film,” he joked.
If their termite problem and, of course, Band of Joy isn’t keeping them busy enough, Plant and Griffin are also working on a second band together, called the Sensational Shape Shifters.
Robert Plant and his new Band of Joy players last released an album in 2010, titled simply Band of Joy.
- Jillian Mapes, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- This Week In History: The Song That Trumped “Billie Jean,” “Come On Eileen”
- Jim Breuer Remembers The SNL Revival, Loving Show Business
- Jim Norton Has A Really Weird KISS Fantasy
- Prince, Warner Bros. Announce Partnership, ‘Purple Rain’ Reissue
- Watch the Trailer for ‘Jersey Boys’ Film Directed by Clint Eastwood
- This Orangutan Is Totally Chill After Being Shot, Rescued