Founding Santana and Journey keyboardist/singer Gregg Rolie, who’s currently touring with Ringo Starr‘s All-Starr Band, has announced a series of solo dates set to begin in California at the beginning of August.
Once the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer finishes touring with Ringo, he’ll kick off a run of five August dates that include an August 3rd set in Santa Cruz, an August 10th date in Colorado, a show on August 29th in Iowa and two concerts in Oregon.
His Gregg Rolie Band will perform versions of several Santana cuts like “Evil Ways”, “Black Magic Woman,” “Soul Sacrifice,” “Jingo” and “No One To Depend On” as well as tracks from his previous effort Roots and new songs.
Joining him onstage will be percussionist Adrian Areas (son of original Santana percussionist Jose Chepito Areas), drummer Ron Wikso, Elliot “Toby” Borrero on congas, Rocket Ritchotte on guitars and bassist Gary Brown, formerly with violinist Jean Luc Ponty.
Those who want to see Rolie working with Ringo (and a band that includes guitarist Steve Lukather of Toto and Todd Rundgren) can catch him at these venues:
July 11 Usana Ampitheater, Salt Lake, UT
July 13 Northern Quest, Spokane, WA
July 14 St Michelle Winery, Seattle, WA
July 15 Edgefield, Portland, OR
July 17 Mountain Winery, Saratoga, CA
July 19 Humphreyís, San Diego, CA
July 21 The Greek, Los Angeles, CA
– Michael Verity, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Bob Dylan Spotted Painting Topless Women in Central Park
- Depeche Mode’s ‘Concert For The Masses’ Rose Bowl Show, 25 Years Later
- Would You Rather: New Stones Music Or Mick Jagger’s Hair?
- Mr. G’s Tuesday Forecast: Afternoon Showers And Storms Likely
- New Study Says ‘Sibling Bullying’ As Bad As School Bullying
- Ron Wood On The Rolling Stones’ Future: ‘We’ve Just Got To Find The Gaps To Record’