They may look fashionable in the summer and could be convenient, but you need to watch what you put on your feet!
A new study says Flip-flops are great for the beach or pools, but should NOT be used when it comes to any type of extensive walking!
The American Podiatric Medical Association says Flip-flops are especially a bad idea for any extended length of walking or playing sports because they offer no arch support, heel cushioning, or shock absorption.
If that’s not enough to make you think twice, a recent Healthday article also speaks ill of the beloved flip-flop, saying they also cause sun damage on top of destoying your arches!
All this bad news coulf be tough to take in, so tell us about your flip-flop use:
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Prince Debuts New Video For ‘FIXURLIFEUP’
- Joe Nolan Kicks Off The Summer With Bruce Springsteen’s Born To Run
- Bono, Richard Branson, Olivia Wilde Join Matt Damon’s ‘Toilet Strike’
- Paul McCartney On Pussy Riot: ‘Further Incarceration Will Be Harmful’
- Brian May On ‘The Voice’: ‘Dull, Dumb, Depressing’