Artists, record companies and estates can be quite fickle, even stingy, when it comes to their music being used by other people. The new Jimi Hendrix biopic is a perfect example.
That’s not a problem for Pnau. Elton John is such a big fan of theirs that he decided to give the Australian electronic duo access to all the vocals from his back catalog. Dubbed simply Elton John Versus Pnau, the duo have currently layed John’s vocals down on several tracks, including one called “Sad,” which you can listen to below:
You’ll be pleasantly surprised from the duo’s work, considering they went the non-dubstep route like most artists have taken recently. “Sad” certainly sounds like something you’d get down to back in your prime when Studio 54 was the happening place to be.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- This Week In History: The Mamas And The Papas Plus A Double Dose From The ’70s & ’80s
- Joe Causi’s Top 5 Movies From The 1980s
- George Michael Injured In Car Crash
- Make It So: A ‘Star Trek’ Playlist
- Study Shows ‘Fat Talkers’ Not Popular In Social Circles
- Mr. G’s Cloudy But Mostly Dry Weekend Forecast