DARE COUNTY, N.C. (CBS Charlotte) – Television legend Andy Griffith has died at the age of 86, CBS News confirms.
WITN-TV reports the actor died at his Dare County home at 7 a.m. ET Tuesday after emergency medical crews were called to the residence.
Griffith starred in the groundbreaking “The Andy Griffith Show” which aired from 1960 until 1968 on CBS. The show also featured Don Knotts and a young Ron Howard and took place in the fictional town of Mayberry, N.C.
Griffith also starred on the popular “Matlock” from 1986 to 1995.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Warren Haynes On What To Expect From His Jerry Garcia Symphonic Celebration Tour
- Schools Incorporating Twitter During Graduation Ceremonies
- Mr. G’s Wet Thursday Forecast And Photos From Weather Education Day At Citi Field
- Win Tickets to Raceway Park’s NHRA Toyota Summernationals
- Win Tickets To See The Turtles
- Aretha Franklin Postpones Tour To July