Hackers Strike LinkedIn And eHarmony: Accounts Compromised And Passwords Stolen
An urgent warning for anyone with a LinkedIn account – change your password immediately!
A massive data breach at LinkedIn was reported yesterday, with passwords belonging to members “compromised and spread across the web.”
The passwords were posted publicly on a Russian hacker forum earlier this week, and it’s reported that 6.5 million passwords were stolen.
Security researchers say more than 300,000 of thee passwords have been decrypted and posted online in clear text. LinkedIn has sent email’s to many of it’s users who have been compromised and in some cases they immediately changed their passwords.
Read more about the breach, which has reportedly reached eHarmony too, and take our poll:
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Elvis Costello, Marcus Mumford, Jim James & More Put Their Stamp on Bob Dylan’s ‘Married to My Hack': Listen
- Listen: Prince Drops Two New Songs, ‘U Know’ & ‘Whitecaps’
- 6 George Harrison Albums to Be Remastered, Released in September
- Former Survivor Frontman Jimi Jamison Dead at 63
- Stream Robert Plant’s New Album ‘Lullaby and… The Ceaseless Roar’