Robin Gibb’s Funeral Date Set, Son Clarifies Cause Of Death
The funeral service for the late Robin Gibb has been scheduled for June 8th in the United Kingdom.
The service is private, for family and close friends only. The Gibb family has encouraged those looking to honor Robin to donate to the Rebecca House and Wish Upon A Dream, children’s charities that were near and dear to the late Bee Gees co-founder.
A public memorial service will follow the funeral at St. Paul’s Cathedral in September.
Gibb passed away on May 20th at the age of 62. However, contrary to many reports, his death wasn¹t caused by cancer, according to his son.
“It wasn’t the cancer that killed my father; those reports are wrong,” said Robin-John Gibb. “Dad had actually gone into remission and the cancer was completely unrecognizable, it was too small to detect. No scan could see it. He actually died of kidney failure.”
Barry Gibb, now the only surviving Bee Gee member, released a tribute video to his brother Robin following his death.
You can watch it below:
Andrew Celani – CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- E! Planning Bruce Jenner Specials After ‘Keeping Up with the Kardashians’
- Watch the Trailer for Robin Williams’ Final Movie ‘Absolutely Anything’
- Lynyrd Skynyrd Planning New Album for 2015
- Bret Michaels Is Making Bro Country, Too: Watch His ‘Girls on Bars’ Video
- Star Trek Actor Trolls Star Wars Fans on May the 4th
- James Taylor Has a New Song About the Red Sox: Hear ‘Angels of Fenway’