Soul singer Bobby Womack’s management team announced some good news to his fans on Facebook this morning, declaring that he’s officially cancer free after undergoing surgery to remove a tumor.
The message read: “We’re delighted to announce that Bobby Womack has successfully undergone surgery for suspected colon cancer. A tumour was removed last night which turned out to be cancer free. We wish him all the best in his recovery from the operation. Thank you for all your kind messages and support.”
He was hospitalized in early March for pneumonia when doctors then suspected he was suffering from the early stages of colon cancer. News of his illness spread after his friend, funk musician Bootsy Collins tweeted about it. Despite the diagnosis, Womack’s spirits were never down and was “very up beat about his future” as he continued work on new music.
Now cancer free and healthy, Womack is prepping the release of his new album, The Bravest Man In The Universe, due out June 12. The first single “Forgive My Heart” can be heard here.
Britt Bickel, 94.7 The WAVE
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Ted Nugent Blasts David Crosby Over Rock Hall Insult
- Bonnie Tyler to Perform ‘Total Eclipse of the Heart’ During Solar Eclipse
- Dolly Parton to Release First Children’s Album
- Elvis Presley Fans Now Have to Pay to Visit the Singer’s Grave
- Watch Van Morrison Perform New Song ‘Transformation’
- Ariana Grande Manchester Concert Bombing Victims to Receive $324K Each