Barry Gibb Releases Video Tribute To Brother Robin
Though Barry Gibb has been quiet since the death of his younger brother Robin, a new video released by the surviving Bee Gee is a loving tribute to his fallen bandmate.
The video, posted to Gibb’s personal YouTube page on Tuesday (May 22), takes a look at Barry, Robin and Maurice (who passed in 2003) as well as youngest brother Andy (who passed in 1988) over the years. Set to the Bee Gees’ “Heart Like Mine,” the nearly five minute clip is made up of the brother’s personal home movies that follow them from childhood to superstardom. It also shows candid moments of the Gibbs goofing around that gives a sense of how close they really were. Barry named the clip, “Bodding,” as a nod to his brother’s childhood nickname.
Robin Gibb died May 20 at the age of 62 after a two-year battle with liver cancer, which eventually spread to his colon. Barry is the only surviving member of the Bee Gees.
Grab a Kleenex and watch the touching tribute below.
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Steven Tyler Contributes Vocals to ‘Sin City’ Soundtrack: Hear ‘Skin City’
- Morrissey’s ‘World Peace’ Videos Pulled from Vevo — And He Thinks His Albums Are Next
- Will Ice Bucket Challenge Lead to Jon Bon Jovi/Richie Sambora Reunion?
- Show Your Belly To Support Eagle-Barrett Syndrome
- Is This Five Seconds of Kanye West’s Alleged Paul McCartney Collaboration?
- Motorcyclist Crashes, Flips Onto Car That Cut Him Off – TADA!