Though Barry Gibb has been quiet since the death of his younger brother Robin, a new video released by the surviving Bee Gee is a loving tribute to his fallen bandmate.
The video, posted to Gibb’s personal YouTube page on Tuesday (May 22), takes a look at Barry, Robin and Maurice (who passed in 2003) as well as youngest brother Andy (who passed in 1988) over the years. Set to the Bee Gees’ “Heart Like Mine,” the nearly five minute clip is made up of the brother’s personal home movies that follow them from childhood to superstardom. It also shows candid moments of the Gibbs goofing around that gives a sense of how close they really were. Barry named the clip, “Bodding,” as a nod to his brother’s childhood nickname.
Robin Gibb died May 20 at the age of 62 after a two-year battle with liver cancer, which eventually spread to his colon. Barry is the only surviving member of the Bee Gees.
Grab a Kleenex and watch the touching tribute below.
–Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Cuddle Up with Double Shots of Love Songs All Valentine’s Weekend
- Rolling Stones: Trump Doesn’t Have Permission to Use Our Music
- Bruce Springsteen to Release Autobiography in September
- Shannon in the Morning Daily Podcast: Josh Groban, John Elliott’s Adventures with Ginger, McDonald’s Lady Rants, and Teresa Guidice Calls In
- Ray Romano Talks Hookers on Private Jets at the VINYL Premiere
- Paul McCartney Creates Audio Mojis for Valentines Day