Barbra Streisand was born and bred in Brooklyn, New York. But in her over fifty-year career as a performer, Babs has never performed publicly for the borough she calls “down to earth.” That will change come October, as Streisand will perform at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center on October 11th and 13th.
The October 11th show quickly sold out and the second show was added for the 13th, which tickets are still available for.
“When I first thought about building an arena in Brooklyn, I always envisioned Barbra Streisand coming home to take center-stage in her native borough,” said Barclays Center majority owner and developer Bruce Ratner. The Barclays Center, which will be home to the newly transplanted Brooklyn Nets, is still under construction but is scheduled for completion on September 28, 2012.
I’m so glad I came from Brooklyn—it’s down to earth,” Streisand says. “I guess you CAN come home again.”
Tickets for the second show on October 13th are available through Ticketmaster.com or by calling 800-745-3000.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Tom Petty Named 2017 MusiCares Person of the Year
- Firing Diddy: Uptown Records CEO Andre Harrell on Firing His Intern, Sean Combs
- Madonna Gets Naked to ‘Vote with Katy Perry’ in Support of Clinton
- Win Tickets To See Arrival from Sweden: The Music of ABBA At The St. George Theatre
- Win Tickets To See Foreigner At Carnegie Hall
- Robert Plant Joins Tour Lampedusa to Raise Awareness of Refugee Crisis