Barbra Streisand was born and bred in Brooklyn, New York. But in her over fifty-year career as a performer, Babs has never performed publicly for the borough she calls “down to earth.” That will change come October, as Streisand will perform at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center on October 11th and 13th.
The October 11th show quickly sold out and the second show was added for the 13th, which tickets are still available for.
“When I first thought about building an arena in Brooklyn, I always envisioned Barbra Streisand coming home to take center-stage in her native borough,” said Barclays Center majority owner and developer Bruce Ratner. The Barclays Center, which will be home to the newly transplanted Brooklyn Nets, is still under construction but is scheduled for completion on September 28, 2012.
I’m so glad I came from Brooklyn—it’s down to earth,” Streisand says. “I guess you CAN come home again.”
Tickets for the second show on October 13th are available through Ticketmaster.com or by calling 800-745-3000.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Celebrate the Season with #GivingTuesday
- U2 Reschedules Paris Dates, Concert Special
- Today’s Weather Forecast with John Elliott: November 23, 2015
- Win Tickets To Joe Bonamassa At Carnegie Hall
- Win Tickets To The International Motorcycle Show
- This Week In History: The Supremes, Barbra Streisand & Donna Summer, and Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes