For fans of Twisted Sister frontman Dee Snider, his elimination from Celebrity Apprentice on April 1st seemed like an April Fool’s Joke, or at least a little premature. But Snider isn’t too broken up over his elimination from the reality TV competition, which airs its season finale this Sunday at 9 p.m. on NBC.
“In retrospect, looking at the season, I’m not too unhappy with when I went off,” Snider told CBS Local. “Not the most jovial group of people this season.”
Snider is no stranger to reality TV, having previously participated in Wife Swap and his own A&E series, Growing Up Twisted. Yet he says Celebrity Apprentice differs from the rest, and is a deeply intense experience – an aspect that he thinks may not translate on the small screen. “It’s way more Survivor than Jersey Shore,” Snider said.
Watch our sit-down with Dee below for his best Donald Trump impersonation, and to hear why he thinks Celebrity Apprentice is an even more stressful experience for female contestants.
During his time on Celebrity Apprentice, Snider raised $326,000 for his charity of choice, March of Dimes. The show’s finale face-off is between singer Clay Aiken and former talk show host Arsenio Hall.
Earlier this month, Snider released both a memoir, Shut Up and Give Me the Mic, and a showtunes album, Dee Does Broadway.
–Jillian Mapes, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Billy Joel Wears Star of David in Rare Political Statement
- Deed to Eleanor Rigby’s Grave Hits Auction Block
- My Name Is Prince Exhibit to Include Clothes, Guitars & More
- Freddie Mercury Biopic ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Cast Revealed
- Watch Bonnie Tyler Perform ‘Total Eclipse of the Heart’ with DNCE
- U2 Fans Get Cryptic Letter in the Mail: Is New Music Coming Soon?