Macy Gray Covers Radiohead On Letterman
Gray doesn’t veer much from the original — the music and arrangement are exactly the same, as a matter of fact. Simply putting Gray’s rough, distinctive vocals on the song offers enough of a change from the original to make it unique. Where you expect Thom Yorke’s almost desperate falsetto, you get Gray’s much lower, much raspier vocal treatment.
Gray swayed through the performance, even mimicking the lyrics with hand gestures at times. The performance is available to stream on last night’s episode of Letterman.
Gray’s latest album, Covered includes “Creep,” along with her distinctive versions of Celine Dion’s “The Power of Love,” the Eurythmics’ “Here Comes The Rain Again,” and Metallica’s “Nothing Else Matters,” among an eclectic listing of songs.
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Woman Confuses Gas And Break Pedals, Drives Car Into Pool
- The US Government Regulates The Size Of Holes In Swiss Cheese
- VOTE: The Greatest Songs By The Doobie Brothers
- Robert Plant: ‘Zero’ Chance of Led Zeppelin Reunion
- 26 Asteroids Have Hit Earth Since 2000 And This Is Where They Landed
- The Replacements, The National & More To Play Boston Calling