Ozzy Osbourne Reissues ‘Speak Of The Devil’ On DVD
A nearly forgotten chapter of Ozzy Osbourne’s career is about to be reissued on DVD. Speak Of The Devil was a live concert video recorded soon after the tragic death of Ozzy’s original guitarist, Randy Rhoads. The band on the album featured Rhoads’ former Quiet Riot bandmate Rudy Sarzo (who would soon leave Ozzy to return to Quiet Riot), drummer Tommy Aldridge, keyboardist Don Airey, and guitarist Brad Gillis. Gillis never recorded a studio album with Ozzy, and left him soon after this show to form Night Ranger.
The Speak Of The Devil DVD, which is out June 22, was recorded June 18, 1982 at the Irvine Meadows Amphitheater in California, and features Ozzy performing songs from his first two solo albums, as well as a number of Black Sabbath classics. Which is a bit confusing, as a live album released at around the same time, also titled Speak Of The Devil, featured all Sabbath songs (and was considered by many to be a strike against the continuing version of Sabbath, who replaced Ozzy with Ronnie James Dio, and who released their own concert set, Live Evil at around the same time).
Meanwhile, Ozzy is currently getting ready for a couple of Black Sabbath reunion shows, and a solo tour (billed “Ozzy & Friends”) of Europe.
– Brian Ives
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Enter to Win: NJ Devils Tickets
- This Week In History: The Fab Four’s “Hey Jude,” Fleetwood Mac’s “Rumours” & Stevie Wonder’s “I Just Called To Say I Love You”
- Bono’s Sunglasses Are Not a Fashion Statement — He Has Glaucoma
- Pearl Jam Dedicate ‘Light Years’ to Isaiah ‘Ikey’ Owens in Detroit: Watch
- Paul McCartney Plays Pool in Lost Wings TV Ad: Watch