Rapper Andre 3000 To Play Jimi Hendrix In New Biopic
Andre 3000, one half of the hip-hop group OutKast, will be getting into character to to play Jimi Hendrix in an upcoming biopic All Is By My Side, which will begin shooting in Ireland later this month.
According to ITFN, the film will highlight Hendrix as a budding artist, when the iconic guitar player spent time in England working with the Jimi Hendrix Experience to record groundbreaking debut album, Are You Experienced.
Last year, after the movie was announced, the project faced a set-back as guardians of the Hendrix estate said they did not sign-off on the film, but were instead were working on a documentary about the rocker. With the announcement of the production schedule, the road block has apparently been removed.
John Ridley, who worked on screenplays for Three Kings and U-Turn, is reported to direct and write the film. Shooting will begin in three weeks in Dublin and Wicklow.
Andre 3000 has a growing list of film credits to his name, including prominent roles in the John Singleton-directed Four Brothers (2005) and Bryan Barber vehicle Idlewild (2006), in which he starred alongside rap partner Big Boi.
As one half of the hip-hop duo OutKast, Andre 3000 is known for his flamboyant style and genre-pushing music sensibilities.
–Erik Parker, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Motley Crue Think More Bands Should Do Retirement Contracts
- The Replacements Have Recorded New Songs, Planning Box Sets
- The Making of Processed Deli Meat Will Make You Think Twice at the Deli Counter
- ‘Fifty Shades’ Sequels Are Coming in 2017, 2018
- Bruce Springsteen to Honor Pete Townshend at Benefit Concert
- Billy Joel Will Play New York’s Nassau Coliseum’s Final Show