Coldplay Pays Tribute To Beastie Boys’ Adam Yauch
Dozens of musicians were influenced by or fans of the Beastie Boys and they are likely all feeling the loss of Adam Yauch, who died on Friday at age 47.
Last night at the Hollywood Bowl Coldplay, perhaps not a band you would automatically associate with New York hip hop, surprised fans with an amazing tribute to MCA. The guys performed a very Coldplay version of the Beasties signature hit, “(You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party).”
Martin cracks a smile, and the crowd gets especially loud, near the end of the song when the line, “mom you’re just jealous, it’s the Beastie Boys,” comes up. Martin repeats it twice and ad-libs a tender ending of, “and so we’re sending all our love to the Beastie Boys.”
Bean, KROQ/Los Angeles
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- This Week In History: Wham! And ‘Make It Big’
- Interview: The National’s Matt Berninger on Closeted Indie Rock Deadheads
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Will U2 Fans Have To Wait Until 2015 to Hear the Band’s New Album?
- Bruce Springsteen’s ‘High Hopes’ Documentary Is Coming to HBO
- CBS-FM Star Phone: Jerry Lewis Saved Tony Orlando’s Life, Twice