FBI: Hidden Virus Could Cause You To Permanently Lose Internet Connection In July
The FBI has a big warning about your computer: You can lose your Internet connection this summer if you were hacked!
Find out what’s going on after the jump.
This is a pretty complicated story that has been going on behind the scenes for almost 6 months, here’s what you need to know in a nutshell:
- Hackers ran an online advertising scam last November and many people could be infected without any visible signs
- The FBI encourages you to visit the special website www.dcwg.org that will tell you if your computer is infected and explain how to fix the problem.
- After July 9th infected computers will lose connect to the Internet for good!
You can read more about this scary story from the Daily News HERE and take our poll:
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Interview: Behind the Scenes of the New David Bowie Film with Director Hamish Hamilton
- Yusuf / Cat Stevens Announces New Album ‘Tell ‘Em I’m Gone,’ Debuts ‘Living to Die': Listen
- Lindsay Lohan Says She Wheeled Whitney Houston’s Corpse Into the Morgue
- Watch U2 Make ‘Songs of Innocence’ in Behind-the-Scenes Footage
- Billy Idol Debuts New Single ‘Can’t Break Me Down': Listen