FBI: Hidden Virus Could Cause You To Permanently Lose Internet Connection In July
The FBI has a big warning about your computer: You can lose your Internet connection this summer if you were hacked!
Find out what’s going on after the jump.
This is a pretty complicated story that has been going on behind the scenes for almost 6 months, here’s what you need to know in a nutshell:
- Hackers ran an online advertising scam last November and many people could be infected without any visible signs
- The FBI encourages you to visit the special website www.dcwg.org that will tell you if your computer is infected and explain how to fix the problem.
- After July 9th infected computers will lose connect to the Internet for good!
You can read more about this scary story from the Daily News HERE and take our poll:
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Pink Floyd Release Third ‘The Endless River’ Teaser: Watch
- 10 Best Robert Plant Songs Outside of Led Zeppelin
- Watch Every On-Screen Death From The Original ‘Star Wars’ Trilogy In Under 3 Minutes
- Billie Joe Armstrong, Alice Cooper Headline Joan Jett Tribute for Little Kids Rock
- Bob Dylan Shares 1967 Recording of ‘900 Miles From My Home': Listen