Robert Plant is making his next artistic move: a few weeks ago, The Sunflower River Blues and Gospel Festival in Clarksdale, Mississippi announced that the former Led Zeppelin singer, with his new band, The Sensational Shape-Shifters, would be one of the headliners. The festival takes place August 10-12.
However, it looks like he is going to warm his new band up with at least one small club gig before the festival: he’s just announced a gig at the Guildhall in Gloucester, England on May 8. A very tiny venue, its capacity is 400 people.
The Sensational Shape-Shifters include Grammy winning singer/songwriter Patty Griffin (she was a part of his last band, The Band Of Joy, who appeared on his 2010 album of the same name), guitarist Justin Adams and keyboardist John Baggott (both of whom played on his 2005 album Mighty Rearranger) West African musician Juldeh Camara, guitarist Bill Fuller, and drummer Dave Smith. Camara, Fuller and Smith all play with Adams in a band called Juju.
–Brian Ives, CBS Local
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Shannon In The Morning Big Show Daily Podcast 8/24/16
- Bruce Springsteen Gets into Christmas Spirit a Little Early
- Prince’s ‘Lets Go Crazy’ will Ring Out When Minnesota Wild Scores
- Watch Teaser for Britney Spears ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Episode
- Shannon In The Morning Big Show Daily Podcast 8/23/16
- Don’t Miss Halle Berry’s Dramatic Reading of ‘Oops!… I Did It Again’