Robert Plant: New Band, New Gigs
Robert Plant is making his next artistic move: a few weeks ago, The Sunflower River Blues and Gospel Festival in Clarksdale, Mississippi announced that the former Led Zeppelin singer, with his new band, The Sensational Shape-Shifters, would be one of the headliners. The festival takes place August 10-12.
However, it looks like he is going to warm his new band up with at least one small club gig before the festival: he’s just announced a gig at the Guildhall in Gloucester, England on May 8. A very tiny venue, its capacity is 400 people.
The Sensational Shape-Shifters include Grammy winning singer/songwriter Patty Griffin (she was a part of his last band, The Band Of Joy, who appeared on his 2010 album of the same name), guitarist Justin Adams and keyboardist John Baggott (both of whom played on his 2005 album Mighty Rearranger) West African musician Juldeh Camara, guitarist Bill Fuller, and drummer Dave Smith. Camara, Fuller and Smith all play with Adams in a band called Juju.
–Brian Ives, CBS Local
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Pink Floyd Release Third ‘The Endless River’ Teaser: Watch
- 10 Best Robert Plant Songs Outside of Led Zeppelin
- Watch Every On-Screen Death From The Original ‘Star Wars’ Trilogy In Under 3 Minutes
- Billie Joe Armstrong, Alice Cooper Headline Joan Jett Tribute for Little Kids Rock
- Bob Dylan Shares 1967 Recording of ‘900 Miles From My Home': Listen
- Kids Cry Tears of Joy Upon Return of Missing Cat