Police Recover Stolen Guitars Belonging To Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
CULVER CITY (CBS) — Culver City police say they have recovered five stolen guitars belonging to Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers and have made an arrest in the case.
“If you take a look at these guitars, each and every one of them has been responsible for creating one of his greatest hits in the last 30 years so there’s a lot of emotional attachment to these guitars and we couldn’t be more pleased that we were able to get them back to Mr. Petty,” said Chief Don Pedersen of the Culver City Police Department at a news conference Tuesday.
On Thursday, four of the five guitars were stolen from his soundstage in Culver City. A day later, another one was reported missing.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Elvis Costello, Marcus Mumford, Jim James & More Put Their Stamp on Bob Dylan’s ‘Married to My Hack': Listen
- Listen: Prince Drops Two New Songs, ‘U Know’ & ‘Whitecaps’
- 6 George Harrison Albums to Be Remastered, Released in September
- Former Survivor Frontman Jimi Jamison Dead at 63
- Stream Robert Plant’s New Album ‘Lullaby and… The Ceaseless Roar’