Police Recover Stolen Guitars Belonging To Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
CULVER CITY (CBS) — Culver City police say they have recovered five stolen guitars belonging to Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers and have made an arrest in the case.
“If you take a look at these guitars, each and every one of them has been responsible for creating one of his greatest hits in the last 30 years so there’s a lot of emotional attachment to these guitars and we couldn’t be more pleased that we were able to get them back to Mr. Petty,” said Chief Don Pedersen of the Culver City Police Department at a news conference Tuesday.
On Thursday, four of the five guitars were stolen from his soundstage in Culver City. A day later, another one was reported missing.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Ladies and Gentlemen: This Is How NOT To React When Your Car Gets Repossessed
- Tom Petty Slams EDM Culture and Electric Daisy Carnival: ‘Watch People Play Records? That’s Stupid’
- Paul McCartney Sets Wings’ ‘Venus and Mars’ and ‘At the Speed of Sound’ Reissue Dates
- Beastie Boys ‘Paul’s Boutique’ Mural Unveiled in New York City
- Aretha Franklin, Johnny Rockets Employee Have Beef, Singer Ordered Not to Sit Inside Restaurant