NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) – Dick Clark, who brought Times Square into the homes of countless millions every New Year’s Eve, has died.
He was 82.
According to a statement from his publicist, Clark died of a massive heart attack.
Clark entered a Santa Monica hospital last night for an outpatient procedure, his publicist said. Attempts to resuscitate him were unsuccessful.
Clark is survived by his wife Kari and children RAC, Duane and Cindy, his publicist said.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Neil Young Announces New Album ‘Earth’
- Authorized Whitney Houston Documentary Underway
- Let Black Thought and the Roots Explain ‘Game of Thrones’ to You
- Listen to Paul Simon’s Newest Song ‘Cool Papa Bell’
- County Sheriff’s Office Asks DEA to Help Investigate Prince’s Death
- CBS-FM’s 2016 Memorial Day Weekend Countdown: Vote on the Top 20