NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) – Dick Clark, who brought Times Square into the homes of countless millions every New Year’s Eve, has died.
He was 82.
According to a statement from his publicist, Clark died of a massive heart attack.
Clark entered a Santa Monica hospital last night for an outpatient procedure, his publicist said. Attempts to resuscitate him were unsuccessful.
Clark is survived by his wife Kari and children RAC, Duane and Cindy, his publicist said.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Watch the Trailer for New Stooges Documentary ‘Gimme Danger’
- George Michael’s ‘Freedom ’90’ Video Gets a Fashion Facelift
- Backstreet Boys Announce Las Vegas Residency
- Tom Petty Named 2017 MusiCares Person of the Year
- Win Tickets To See Dennis DeYoung At The St. George Theatre
- Firing Diddy: Uptown Records CEO Andre Harrell on Firing His Intern, Sean Combs