NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) – Dick Clark, who brought Times Square into the homes of countless millions every New Year’s Eve, has died.
He was 82.
According to a statement from his publicist, Clark died of a massive heart attack.
Clark entered a Santa Monica hospital last night for an outpatient procedure, his publicist said. Attempts to resuscitate him were unsuccessful.
Clark is survived by his wife Kari and children RAC, Duane and Cindy, his publicist said.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- The Who’s Roger Daltrey Says Rock is Dead
- Amy Winehouse’s ‘Back to Black’ Turns Ten
- The Doors’ ‘London Fog 1966’ Captures One of the Band’s Earliest Gigs
- Shannon In The Morning Big Show Daily Podcast 10/27/16
- Jay Z Bids on Prince’s Unreleased Music: Report
- The Rolling Stones Played a Private Gig for Patriots Owner Robert Kraft