NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) – Dick Clark, who brought Times Square into the homes of countless millions every New Year’s Eve, has died.
He was 82.
According to a statement from his publicist, Clark died of a massive heart attack.
Clark entered a Santa Monica hospital last night for an outpatient procedure, his publicist said. Attempts to resuscitate him were unsuccessful.
Clark is survived by his wife Kari and children RAC, Duane and Cindy, his publicist said.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Ted Nugent Blasts David Crosby Over Rock Hall Insult
- Bonnie Tyler to Perform ‘Total Eclipse of the Heart’ During Solar Eclipse
- Dolly Parton to Release First Children’s Album
- Elvis Presley Fans Now Have to Pay to Visit the Singer’s Grave
- Watch Van Morrison Perform New Song ‘Transformation’
- Ariana Grande Manchester Concert Bombing Victims to Receive $324K Each