NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Apartment buildings in New York may be required to come up with a clear set of guidelines showing where smoking is permitted.
Mayor Michael Bloomberg is expected to propose the legislation on Wednesday that could increase the number of smoke-free apartment buildings in the city.
City Health Commissioner Thomas Farley told the Wall Street Journal “people ought to know whether they might be exposed to second-hand smoke in their apartment before they decide to rent or buy.”
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Black Sabbath’s Final Concert Captured for ‘The End of the End’ Film
- Jay Leno is ‘Working More Now’ Than When He Hosted ‘The Tonight Show’
- Universal Music Sues Prince Estate to Void Contract
- U2’s Adam Clayton Addresses Alcoholism at MusiCares Award Ceremony
- Jim Breuer is Returning With a One-Man Show