Bloomberg Set To Propose New Smoking Legislation
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Apartment buildings in New York may be required to come up with a clear set of guidelines showing where smoking is permitted.
Mayor Michael Bloomberg is expected to propose the legislation on Wednesday that could increase the number of smoke-free apartment buildings in the city.
City Health Commissioner Thomas Farley told the Wall Street Journal “people ought to know whether they might be exposed to second-hand smoke in their apartment before they decide to rent or buy.”
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Taylor Swift & Beyonce Are Among Forbes’ 100 Most Powerful Women
- Paul McCartney Actually Played ‘Temporary Secretary’ & Sang with Dave Grohl Over the Weekend
- Neil Young Premieres Tracklist, ‘American Gothic’-Inspired Album Artwork of ‘The Monsanto Years’
- Watch a Previously Unseen TV Interview with Jerry Garcia
- B.B. King’s Daughters Allege He Was Poisoned, Lawyer Says That’s ‘Ridiculous’