Bloomberg Set To Propose New Smoking Legislation
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Apartment buildings in New York may be required to come up with a clear set of guidelines showing where smoking is permitted.
Mayor Michael Bloomberg is expected to propose the legislation on Wednesday that could increase the number of smoke-free apartment buildings in the city.
City Health Commissioner Thomas Farley told the Wall Street Journal “people ought to know whether they might be exposed to second-hand smoke in their apartment before they decide to rent or buy.”
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- This Week In History: Wham! And ‘Make It Big’
- Interview: The National’s Matt Berninger on Closeted Indie Rock Deadheads
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Will U2 Fans Have To Wait Until 2015 to Hear the Band’s New Album?
- Bruce Springsteen’s ‘High Hopes’ Documentary Is Coming to HBO