NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – A New York state lawmaker is looking to put Tasers in the hands of transit workers.
When Sen. Eric Adams proposed letting commuter train and Amtrak crews carry Tasers the measure died in committee in Albany last year.
Now, the push is on to extend the legislation to bus drivers and subway conductors.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Video: Sting Performs New Song ‘I Can’t Stop Thinking About You’ Live @ KROQ
- Eddie Vedder Contributes New Song ‘Out of Sand’ to ‘Twin Peaks’ Soundtrack
- President Obama Shortens Grateful Dead Fan’s Prison Sentence
- ‘Surviving Compton’ Biopic Tells Michel’le Toussaint’s Story
- Paul McCartney, Jimmy Buffett, Jon Bon Jovi Rock Hillary Clinton Fundraiser
- Bruce Springsteen Breaks Own Record Again For Longest Show In U.S.