Do’s And Dont’s On Tax Day 2012
Welcome to Tax Day 2012! You are almost out of time to file and we have some good ideas and a few very bad ideas that could get you through this hectic day.
First off, if you plan on mailing in your taxes minutes before midnight you will be out of luck! Most post offices are not staying open late on Tax Day this year, USPS officials say that staying open late is “obsolete and too expensive.”
No post offices in the New York City area will be staying open later than usual on Tax Day but Manhattan”s main post office will be open until 10 pm as usual.
Tax day odds and ends:
- Deadly car crashes spike 6 percent on tax day, according to a study by the University of Toronto, perhaps due to drivers rushing to file their tax forms on time.
- Late tax filers will be charged 0.5 percent of unpaid taxes per month, plus interest, which is currently 3 percent per year.
- If you’re filing your taxes online, you’ll have until midnight tonight, and not a second later! You are highly encouraged to file online if you haven’t done so yet.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Pink Floyd Release Third ‘The Endless River’ Teaser: Watch
- 10 Best Robert Plant Songs Outside of Led Zeppelin
- Watch Every On-Screen Death From The Original ‘Star Wars’ Trilogy In Under 3 Minutes
- Billie Joe Armstrong, Alice Cooper Headline Joan Jett Tribute for Little Kids Rock
- Bob Dylan Shares 1967 Recording of ‘900 Miles From My Home': Listen