LONDON (CBSMiami) – Bee Gees star and former Miami resident Robin Gibb is in a coma and has pneumonia, according to a statement on his official website.
The statement, which confirmed media reports that the singer was gravely ill, said “we are all hoping and praying that he will pull through.”
Gibb recently battled colon and liver cancer. Doctors believe the 62-year-old has a secondary tumor.
Gibb had emergency surgery in 2010 for a blocked bowel and then had more surgery for a twisted bowel.
He is currently at a private hospital in Chelsea, West London.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Madonna Calls Potential Biopic Producers Charlatans and Fools
- Bananarama to Reunite (After 29 Years) for First-Ever Tour
- Paul McCartney Announces Additional 2017 Tour Dates
- Ringo Starr Throws Birthday Brunch for Charity
- Madonna Biopic ‘Blond Ambition’ Picked up by Universal
- Patti Smith, Brian Eno and More to Protest Julian Assange’s Fugitive Status