LONDON (CBSMiami) – Bee Gees star and former Miami resident Robin Gibb is in a coma and has pneumonia, according to a statement on his official website.
The statement, which confirmed media reports that the singer was gravely ill, said “we are all hoping and praying that he will pull through.”
Gibb recently battled colon and liver cancer. Doctors believe the 62-year-old has a secondary tumor.
Gibb had emergency surgery in 2010 for a blocked bowel and then had more surgery for a twisted bowel.
He is currently at a private hospital in Chelsea, West London.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Paul McCartney Creates Audio Mojis for Valentines Day
- Debbie Gibson ‘Goes Red’ For the American Heart Association
- Awesome Dad Blames Bruce Springsteen for Daughter’s Tardiness
- The Eagles and Jackson Browne to Honor Glenn Frey at GRAMMYs
- Shannon in the Morning Daily Podcast: Debbie Gibson, Brad Blanks with Ray Romano, Twinning Sisters and Super Bowl Sunday Traffic… in PA
- Chicago Release Official Statement on Peter Cetera