Bee Gees Singer Robin Gibb In Coma
LONDON (CBSMiami) – Bee Gees star and former Miami resident Robin Gibb is in a coma and has pneumonia, according to a statement on his official website.
The statement, which confirmed media reports that the singer was gravely ill, said “we are all hoping and praying that he will pull through.”
Gibb recently battled colon and liver cancer. Doctors believe the 62-year-old has a secondary tumor.
Gibb had emergency surgery in 2010 for a blocked bowel and then had more surgery for a twisted bowel.
He is currently at a private hospital in Chelsea, West London.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Rock Hall Induction 2015 Rundown: Two Beatles, Joan Jett with Miley Cyrus and a Great SRV Tribute
- Ringo Starr’s Rock Hall Advice to Young Bands: ‘If You Fart, Own Up To It!’
- Miley Cyrus Calls Joan Jett Her ‘Biggest Inspiration’ at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Giorgio Moroder Announces First Album in 30 Years, Debuts Sia-Featuring Single: Listen
- Ozzy Osbourne Fires Back at Bill Ward: ‘I Cannot Apologize’
- 5 Starr Classics: Ringo’s Essential Albums