Bee Gees Singer Robin Gibb In Coma
LONDON (CBSMiami) – Bee Gees star and former Miami resident Robin Gibb is in a coma and has pneumonia, according to a statement on his official website.
The statement, which confirmed media reports that the singer was gravely ill, said “we are all hoping and praying that he will pull through.”
Gibb recently battled colon and liver cancer. Doctors believe the 62-year-old has a secondary tumor.
Gibb had emergency surgery in 2010 for a blocked bowel and then had more surgery for a twisted bowel.
He is currently at a private hospital in Chelsea, West London.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- 2014 In Review: Weddings, Deaths & Final Acts
- Watch Stephen Colbert’s All-Star Goodbye to ‘The Colbert Report’
- 5 Things About ‘The Interview’ from Someone Who Has Seen It
- George Harrison, Bee Gees to Receive GRAMMY Lifetime Achievement Awards
- Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan, Lou Reed, ABBA Among 2015 GRAMMY Hall of Fame Inductees
- Game of Thrones Author Offers to Screen ‘The Interview’ at His Movie Theater