NEWARK, N.J. (CBSNewYork) – Newark Mayor Cory Booker said he has a new-found respect for firefighters after he battled smoke and flames to save his neighbor from a burning building.
Calling it a “terrifying” experience, Booker spoke to “CBS This Morning” and described how he saw his neighbor’s house on Hawthorne Avenue engulfed in flames when he returned home Thursday night.
“It is a very, very scary thing and I’d like to say at that point I was feeling so courageous, but honestly it was terrifying,” Booker said.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Paul McCartney Creates Audio Mojis for Valentines Day
- Debbie Gibson ‘Goes Red’ For the American Heart Association
- Awesome Dad Blames Bruce Springsteen for Daughter’s Tardiness
- The Eagles and Jackson Browne to Honor Glenn Frey at GRAMMYs
- Shannon in the Morning Daily Podcast: Debbie Gibson, Brad Blanks with Ray Romano, Twinning Sisters and Super Bowl Sunday Traffic… in PA
- Chicago Release Official Statement on Peter Cetera