Newark Mayor Cory Booker Calls Fire Rescue ‘Terrifying’
NEWARK, N.J. (CBSNewYork) – Newark Mayor Cory Booker said he has a new-found respect for firefighters after he battled smoke and flames to save his neighbor from a burning building.
Calling it a “terrifying” experience, Booker spoke to “CBS This Morning” and described how he saw his neighbor’s house on Hawthorne Avenue engulfed in flames when he returned home Thursday night.
“It is a very, very scary thing and I’d like to say at that point I was feeling so courageous, but honestly it was terrifying,” Booker said.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Joan Jett And The Blackhearts Performing At CBS-FM’s Saturday In The Park – August 22
- Lionel Richie’s ‘Hello’ Music Video Without Music is Unsettling and Creepy
- The Human League’s ‘Don’t You Want Me’ Has Too Many Words
- Smokey Robinson to be Honored By Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Today’s Weather Forecast with John Elliott: July 31, 2015
- Win Tickets To The Premiere Of “The Man From U.N.C.L.E.”