Newark Mayor Cory Booker Calls Fire Rescue ‘Terrifying’
NEWARK, N.J. (CBSNewYork) – Newark Mayor Cory Booker said he has a new-found respect for firefighters after he battled smoke and flames to save his neighbor from a burning building.
Calling it a “terrifying” experience, Booker spoke to “CBS This Morning” and described how he saw his neighbor’s house on Hawthorne Avenue engulfed in flames when he returned home Thursday night.
“It is a very, very scary thing and I’d like to say at that point I was feeling so courageous, but honestly it was terrifying,” Booker said.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- The Persuasions Say Jamie xx Didn’t Ask to Use Sample on New Song, Later Denied
- U2 Worried Their Tour Was Already Over When The Edge Fell Off the Stage
- Jon Bon Jovi Wrote a Song for Rutgers Grads: Watch
- Bill Murray Will Wish You a ‘Very Murray Christmas’ This December
- CBS-FM’s Top 500 Memorial Day Weekend Countdown
- Win Tickets For Huey Lewis and The News At NJPAC