Newark Mayor Cory Booker Calls Fire Rescue ‘Terrifying’
NEWARK, N.J. (CBSNewYork) – Newark Mayor Cory Booker said he has a new-found respect for firefighters after he battled smoke and flames to save his neighbor from a burning building.
Calling it a “terrifying” experience, Booker spoke to “CBS This Morning” and described how he saw his neighbor’s house on Hawthorne Avenue engulfed in flames when he returned home Thursday night.
“It is a very, very scary thing and I’d like to say at that point I was feeling so courageous, but honestly it was terrifying,” Booker said.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- This Week in History: The Beatles Take Over the Charts, Johnny Taylor’s ‘Disco Lady’ + Styx’s ‘Paradise Theatre
- This Teletubbies & Joy Division Mashup Video Will Haunt Your Dreams
- The Who Could Be Writing a New Album
- Duran Duran’s New Album Features Nile Rodgers, John Frusciante, Mark Ronson Collabs
- Win Tickets For Bryan Adams’ ‘Reckless Tour’
- Jimmy Fallon Singing ‘Barbara Ann’ with Wax Statues of Himself Is a Little Creepy