Though there is no chance of seeing the Rolling Stones perform anytime in 2012, it doesn’t mean you won’t be able to see any of the English rockers individually right here in the tri-state area. Ronnie Wood is performing in Atlantic City later this month and the guitarist he replaced, Mick Taylor, is performing six consecutive nights at the Iridium in New York City.
The Midtown jazz club appears to be the hot spot to perform in the Big Apple. Drummer Charlie Watts just announced he will be the latest Stone to set-up a residency at the Iridium, performing four shows at the jazz venue this summer from June 29 to July 2.
Rolling Stone reports that Watts will also perform with the Les Paul Trio during the last night of his residency on July 2. The tribute to the late guitar innovator is part of Les Paul Mondays, a weekly event held by the Iridium that donates a portion of the door to The Les Paul Foundation.
Tickets to the shows will go on sale starting today through the Iridium’s Facebook page, with a special promo code available for a limited number of VIP tickets.
You can get more information on The Iridium and Les Paul Mondays HERE.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Win Tickets To Studio 54 Night At Resorts World Casino
- Tom Hanks Recreates ‘Big’ Rap
- Toni Braxton Wears Heart Monitor on Stage
- ZZ Top Announce 2017 Tonnage Tour
- Boy George, Pet Shop Boys, More Pay Tribute to Late Dead or Alive Singer
- CBS-FM’s Holiday In Brooklyn | James Taylor, Jimmy Buffett & Sarah McLachlan