Here’s something very few had ever expected to say…General Hospital has been renewed by ABC! The stars aligned to keep the show alive and kicking to see 50 years on TV! Get all the details…
ABC pulled the plug on the healthy lifestyle program The Revolution yesterday after less than a year on air, keeping General Hospital as part of its daytime schedule once Katie Couric’s talk show premieres in September.
The Revolution replaced One Life to Live in January and the fate of GH was very much in doubt after it was announced that Katie Couric’s talk show would take the 3pm timeslot.
Here’s what’s going to happen:
The Revolution will end in the beginning of July. For 9 weeks, starting on July 9th ABC will run a summer afternoon version of Good Morning America until Katie premieres on September 10th.
There was some talk of GH becoming a prime-time soap in the summer, but with the cancellation of The Revolution it won’t have to leave the daytime spot!
The renewal ensures that General Hospital will celebrate its 50th anniversary next April! It’s the longest running soap still running!
Read more about the great news originally reported by Deadline HERE and take our poll:
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Watch this Gorilla Dance to Michael Sembello’s 1983 Hit ‘Maniac’
- Janet Jackson’s Producer Shares Update on Motherhood & Music
- Guns N’ Roses Keep Fans Waiting, for a Good Reason
- Snoop Dogg, Carrie Underwood, Mary J. Blige, Ice-T, Others to Receive Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- John Singleton Slams Tupac Movie ‘All Eyez On Me’