NEWARK, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — Whitney Houston‘s funeral is costing the city of Newark tens of thousands of dollars in police overtime.
And some taxpayers say as much as they loved the pop star they’re not happy about footing the high security costs, reports CBS 2’s Christine Sloan.
Houston’s family brought her back to Newark, where thousands of people lined the streets to get a glimpse of the hearse carrying her body. Fans even tried to get close to the church where her private funeral was held.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Win Tickets To See Arrival from Sweden: The Music of ABBA At The St. George Theatre
- Win Tickets To See Foreigner At Carnegie Hall
- Robert Plant Joins Tour Lampedusa to Raise Awareness of Refugee Crisis
- Christine McVie: Fleetwood Mac is Working on New Music
- Listen to a Track from Bob Dylan’s 36-Disc Set of 1966 Live Recordings
- Shannon In The Morning Big Show Daily Podcast 9/27/16