NEWARK, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — Whitney Houston‘s funeral is costing the city of Newark tens of thousands of dollars in police overtime.
And some taxpayers say as much as they loved the pop star they’re not happy about footing the high security costs, reports CBS 2’s Christine Sloan.
Houston’s family brought her back to Newark, where thousands of people lined the streets to get a glimpse of the hearse carrying her body. Fans even tried to get close to the church where her private funeral was held.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Bobby Moynihan’s ‘Defining Moments’ Are on Display in ‘Me, Myself & I’
- Leonard Cohen’s ‘Leaving the Table’ Gets Animated Video
- George Michael’s ‘Freedom’ Documentary Gets Teaser Trailer
- Win Tickets To See Chicago At Coney Island Boardwalk
- Bruce Springsteen Joins Paul McCartney for ‘I Saw Her Standing There’
- Harry Connick Jr. Is Your Midday Obsession on ‘Harry’