NEWARK, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — Whitney Houston‘s funeral is costing the city of Newark tens of thousands of dollars in police overtime.
And some taxpayers say as much as they loved the pop star they’re not happy about footing the high security costs, reports CBS 2’s Christine Sloan.
Houston’s family brought her back to Newark, where thousands of people lined the streets to get a glimpse of the hearse carrying her body. Fans even tried to get close to the church where her private funeral was held.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Win Tickets To See Def Leppard At The New Coliseum
- Paris and Prince Jackson Get Complimentary Tattoos
- Dave Davies Has Had UFO Experiences, Discusses Kinks Reunion
- Will Smith Attends ‘Fresh Prince’ Cast Reunion
- Johnny Rotten Says Donald Trump is Not Racist
- Win Tickets To See Stevie Nicks’ Rockin’ 24 Karat Gold Tour