NEWARK, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — Whitney Houston‘s funeral is costing the city of Newark tens of thousands of dollars in police overtime.
And some taxpayers say as much as they loved the pop star they’re not happy about footing the high security costs, reports CBS 2’s Christine Sloan.
Houston’s family brought her back to Newark, where thousands of people lined the streets to get a glimpse of the hearse carrying her body. Fans even tried to get close to the church where her private funeral was held.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Sharon Osbourne Discusses Ozzy’s Many Affairs
- John Lennon’s Murderer is Denied Parole, Again
- Bono Visits Nigerian Refugee Camp to Highlight Malnutrition Dangers
- Mariah Carey’s Sister Arrested for Prostitution
- Win A Trip To Florida With The CBS-FM Song Of The Day
- Win Tickets To Johnny Rivers and Eric Burdon & The Animals At NYCB Theatre