NEWARK, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — Whitney Houston‘s funeral is costing the city of Newark tens of thousands of dollars in police overtime.
And some taxpayers say as much as they loved the pop star they’re not happy about footing the high security costs, reports CBS 2’s Christine Sloan.
Houston’s family brought her back to Newark, where thousands of people lined the streets to get a glimpse of the hearse carrying her body. Fans even tried to get close to the church where her private funeral was held.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Bobby Vee Dead at 73
- 1960s Pop Idol Bobby Vee Dead at 73
- Roger Waters, Alongside Neil Young & My Morning Jacket, Cover Bob Dylan’s ‘Forever Young’
- Win Tickets To See Roger Waters at Barclays Center
- ‘Over The Rainbow:’ Smithsonian Hits Goal To Save Dorothy’s Ruby Red Slippers
- Brian May Cancels Remaining Tour Dates