NEWARK, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — Whitney Houston‘s funeral is costing the city of Newark tens of thousands of dollars in police overtime.
And some taxpayers say as much as they loved the pop star they’re not happy about footing the high security costs, reports CBS 2’s Christine Sloan.
Houston’s family brought her back to Newark, where thousands of people lined the streets to get a glimpse of the hearse carrying her body. Fans even tried to get close to the church where her private funeral was held.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Win Tickets To The Super Pet Expo
- Win Tickets To The Super Pet Expo & Food From Supreme Source Premium Pet Nutrition
- Quincy Jones’ Michael Jackson Lawsuit Moves Forward
- Alanis Morissette’s Manager Admits to Stealing Nearly $5 Million
- Download Ringo Starr’s Latest Peace Song for Free
- Bruce Springsteen Bids Obama Farewell with White House Concert