NEWARK, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — Whitney Houston‘s funeral is costing the city of Newark tens of thousands of dollars in police overtime.
And some taxpayers say as much as they loved the pop star they’re not happy about footing the high security costs, reports CBS 2’s Christine Sloan.
Houston’s family brought her back to Newark, where thousands of people lined the streets to get a glimpse of the hearse carrying her body. Fans even tried to get close to the church where her private funeral was held.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- CBS-FM’s Saturday in the Park 2017 featuring Blondie – August 19th
- Yusuf/Cat Stevens Releases ‘See What Love Did to Me’ from Upcoming Album
- Chester Bennington Dead, Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide by Hanging
- Paul McCartney Trolls Westboro Baptist Church
- Watch The Who Perform on ‘The Tonight Show’
- Beyoncé Wax Figure at Madame Tussauds Stirs Controversy