OUTRAGE: Newark Residents Hit With $187,000 Police OT Bill For Whitney Houston Funeral
NEWARK, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — Whitney Houston‘s funeral is costing the city of Newark tens of thousands of dollars in police overtime.
And some taxpayers say as much as they loved the pop star they’re not happy about footing the high security costs, reports CBS 2’s Christine Sloan.
Houston’s family brought her back to Newark, where thousands of people lined the streets to get a glimpse of the hearse carrying her body. Fans even tried to get close to the church where her private funeral was held.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Watch the Trailer for Rush’s ‘R40 Live’
- Bob Dylan Calls Writer ‘Scurrilous Little Wretch’ In Letter For Satirizing His Mother
- Billy Idol to Join Duff McKagan, Kesha for Cancer Benefit
- Tom Petty Admits to Being a Heroin Addict in the 1990s
- Yes, Deep Purple, the Cars Lead Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees
- Rolling Stones Guitarist Ronnie Wood Hates Reality Singing Competitions