NEWARK, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — Whitney Houston‘s funeral is costing the city of Newark tens of thousands of dollars in police overtime.
And some taxpayers say as much as they loved the pop star they’re not happy about footing the high security costs, reports CBS 2’s Christine Sloan.
Houston’s family brought her back to Newark, where thousands of people lined the streets to get a glimpse of the hearse carrying her body. Fans even tried to get close to the church where her private funeral was held.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Watch Radiohead Perform ‘Creep’ Live for the First Time in 7 Years
- Chewbacca Mom Gets a Lesson from J.J. Abrams: Watch
- Paul McCartney Calls Kanye West a Monster
- Shannon In The Morning Big Show Daily Podcast 5/24/16
- Madonna Defends Her Billboard Awards Prince Tribute
- Steve Lukather of Toto on the Star Phone with Scott Shannon