NEWARK, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — Whitney Houston‘s funeral is costing the city of Newark tens of thousands of dollars in police overtime.
And some taxpayers say as much as they loved the pop star they’re not happy about footing the high security costs, reports CBS 2’s Christine Sloan.
Houston’s family brought her back to Newark, where thousands of people lined the streets to get a glimpse of the hearse carrying her body. Fans even tried to get close to the church where her private funeral was held.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Paul McCartney Treats Minneapolis Crowd to Prince’s ‘Let’s Go Crazy’
- Watch Paul McCartney Cover Prince’s ‘Let’s Go Crazy’
- Prince Group The Family Re-Release ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ With Video
- Janet Jackson Drops Video for ‘Dammn Baby’
- US Attorney’s Office and DEA Join Prince investigation
- Celebrate Prince: ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ Lyrics Take Special Meaning Today