KISS Wants You: Veteran To Be Selected For Roadie Job
When KISS hits the road with Motley Crue this summer for a 40-date tour, they’ll have one very special roadie in tow. As part of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the Today show’s Hiring Our Heroes initiative, the animated rockers are looking to hire a military veteran to serve as a member of their road crew.
The job at hand is as a touring set carpenter who will travel with KISS on their tour from July 14 to Sept. 25. As the band notes on its website, the winning vet will be part of the team that assembles its stage set, helps run effects and tears down the set after the show.
The band first announced their plans on the Today show Wednesday (March 28) morning. Interested veterans can apply by sending a resume to email@example.com. Applicants do not need to be trained carpenters, but expect long hours.
This gives new meaning to the KISS Army, but this isn’t the first time KISS has thrown its support behind the Armed Services. Watch below, as Paul Stanley gives a spirited salute to the men and women in uniform, complete with the Pledge of Allegiance.
–Jillian Mapes, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- VOTE: The Greatest Songs By The Doobie Brothers
- Robert Plant: ‘Zero’ Chance of Led Zeppelin Reunion
- 26 Asteroids Have Hit Earth Since 2000 And This Is Where They Landed
- The Replacements, The National & More To Play Boston Calling
- This Chaotic Intersection In Ethiopia Will Give You An Anxiety Attack
- PHOTO: Matt Harvey Flips Bird In Tweet, Then Deletes Twitter Account