Neil Young & Crazy Horse To Release “Americana” June 5
Neil Young & Crazy Horse have announced their next album, according to Rolling Stone. Americana is Young’s first new LP since 2010’s Le Noise, and his first to feature his long time band Crazy Horse since 2003’s Greendale. Americana won’t have new songs; instead, the material is all traditional American folk songs like “This Land Is Your Land,” “She’ll Be Coming ‘Round The Mountain” and “Gallows Pole,” done Crazy Horse-style.
Young has said that the album will feature the band accompanied by a children’s choir. This wouldn’t be his first time working with a choir: he used 100 backing singers on his 2006 album Living With War (although he later released a stripped down version of it, called Living With War: In The Beginning).
There’s no word on whether or not Young intends to take the band on the road. If he does, it will be their first tour since Greendale. However, this probably does mean that Young’s reunion with Buffalo Springfield is over (the surviving members of that band — Young, Stephen Stills and Richie Furay – did a string of dates last year, and there were rumors of a full tour this year).
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- The Persuasions Say Jamie xx Didn’t Ask to Use Sample on New Song, Later Denied
- U2 Worried Their Tour Was Already Over When The Edge Fell Off the Stage
- Jon Bon Jovi Wrote a Song for Rutgers Grads: Watch
- Bill Murray Will Wish You a ‘Very Murray Christmas’ This December
- CBS-FM’s Top 500 Memorial Day Weekend Countdown
- Win Tickets For Huey Lewis and The News At NJPAC