Jimmy Page To Reissue “Lucifer Rising” Tomorrow
Page composed and recorded the music for the film, although it wasn’t actually used in the movie (perhaps as a consolation, Page did make a cameo).
On a message to fans on the website, Page says, “The title music, along with other musical pieces recorded at my home studio in the early Seventies, have been revisited, remixed and released for the first time. This is a musical diary of avant-garde compositions and experiments, one of which was to appear on the film Lucifer Rising. The collection has been exhumed and is now ready for public release.”
The soundtrack, which has been out of print for years, was Page’s first foray into film scoring. His second was Deathwish II – which is now available on his website as well.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- ‘Late Show’ Host To Be Stephen Colbert Talks Catholicism, The Pope, & His Favorite Saint
- Music For Cats is a Real Thing
- A Double Date with Madonna & Sean Penn in the ’80s Included Pee Wee Herman, According to Mike Tyson
- Rock in Rio USA Adds Big Sean, Smallpools, EDM Stages, More
- Jeff Goldblum, Liam Hemsworth to Star in ‘Independence Day 2′
- New Avengers Trailer: Here’s What We Learned