Page composed and recorded the music for the film, although it wasn’t actually used in the movie (perhaps as a consolation, Page did make a cameo).
On a message to fans on the website, Page says, “The title music, along with other musical pieces recorded at my home studio in the early Seventies, have been revisited, remixed and released for the first time. This is a musical diary of avant-garde compositions and experiments, one of which was to appear on the film Lucifer Rising. The collection has been exhumed and is now ready for public release.”
The soundtrack, which has been out of print for years, was Page’s first foray into film scoring. His second was Deathwish II – which is now available on his website as well.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Watch Radiohead Perform ‘Creep’ Live for the First Time in 7 Years
- Chewbacca Mom Gets a Lesson from J.J. Abrams: Watch
- Paul McCartney Calls Kanye West a Monster
- Shannon In The Morning Big Show Daily Podcast 5/24/16
- Madonna Defends Her Billboard Awards Prince Tribute
- Steve Lukather of Toto on the Star Phone with Scott Shannon