Jimmy Page To Reissue “Lucifer Rising” Tomorrow
Page composed and recorded the music for the film, although it wasn’t actually used in the movie (perhaps as a consolation, Page did make a cameo).
On a message to fans on the website, Page says, “The title music, along with other musical pieces recorded at my home studio in the early Seventies, have been revisited, remixed and released for the first time. This is a musical diary of avant-garde compositions and experiments, one of which was to appear on the film Lucifer Rising. The collection has been exhumed and is now ready for public release.”
The soundtrack, which has been out of print for years, was Page’s first foray into film scoring. His second was Deathwish II – which is now available on his website as well.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Gregg Allman Announces 2015 Spring Tour
- Michael Moore Responds to ‘Haters,’ Points Out His Support for Troops
- Win Tickets To See Jay Leno
- Sam Smith Must Pay Tom Petty Songwriting Royalties for ‘Stay With Me’
- Get Out Of The Cold And Head For The Islands With Norwegian Cruise Line!
- Today’s Weather Forecast with John Elliott: January 26, 2015