Page composed and recorded the music for the film, although it wasn’t actually used in the movie (perhaps as a consolation, Page did make a cameo).
On a message to fans on the website, Page says, “The title music, along with other musical pieces recorded at my home studio in the early Seventies, have been revisited, remixed and released for the first time. This is a musical diary of avant-garde compositions and experiments, one of which was to appear on the film Lucifer Rising. The collection has been exhumed and is now ready for public release.”
The soundtrack, which has been out of print for years, was Page’s first foray into film scoring. His second was Deathwish II – which is now available on his website as well.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Listen to Ron Burgundy and Robin Thicke Duet on Christopher Cross’ ‘Ride Like the Wind’ for ‘Anchorman 2′
- Rolling Stones Hyde Park Documentary To Air On Showtime
- Peter Gabriel Working On New Album
- Naughty Or Nice? Admitting Our Worst Behavior Over The Past Year
- Mr. G’s Cold Wednesday Forecast
- Behind the Song: Robin Thicke’s ‘Blurred Lines’