Jimmy Page To Reissue “Lucifer Rising” Tomorrow
Page composed and recorded the music for the film, although it wasn’t actually used in the movie (perhaps as a consolation, Page did make a cameo).
On a message to fans on the website, Page says, “The title music, along with other musical pieces recorded at my home studio in the early Seventies, have been revisited, remixed and released for the first time. This is a musical diary of avant-garde compositions and experiments, one of which was to appear on the film Lucifer Rising. The collection has been exhumed and is now ready for public release.”
The soundtrack, which has been out of print for years, was Page’s first foray into film scoring. His second was Deathwish II – which is now available on his website as well.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Tower Records Immortalized in New Doc Featuring Former Employee Dave Grohl, Bruce Springsteen
- U2 Premiere New Video for ‘Song For Someone’
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Posts Surprise New Teaser Trailer
- Trump Swears Hair Isn’t Toupee, Lets Woman Touch It At Campaign Event
- DA of the Day: Man Tries To Take Selfie With Rattlesnake, Gets Bitten
- Darlene Love’s “Forbidden Nights” Video Features All-Star Cast