Jimmy Page To Reissue “Lucifer Rising” Tomorrow
Page composed and recorded the music for the film, although it wasn’t actually used in the movie (perhaps as a consolation, Page did make a cameo).
On a message to fans on the website, Page says, “The title music, along with other musical pieces recorded at my home studio in the early Seventies, have been revisited, remixed and released for the first time. This is a musical diary of avant-garde compositions and experiments, one of which was to appear on the film Lucifer Rising. The collection has been exhumed and is now ready for public release.”
The soundtrack, which has been out of print for years, was Page’s first foray into film scoring. His second was Deathwish II – which is now available on his website as well.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- This Week In History: The Beatles, Three Dog Night, and George Benson
- Lady Gaga Covers ‘I Want Your Love,’ Strips Down for Tom Ford Fashion Promo
- Mick Jagger Visits Jack White, Fuels Collaboration Rumors
- Roger Waters Condemns Bon Jovi’s Decision to Play Tel Aviv
- Ted Nugent on Obama’s Speech: ‘The President is a Pathological Liar and America Hating Goon’
- Stream Janet Jackson’s ‘Unbreakable’ Album