An exciting weekend here in NYC with the 251st St. Patrick’s Day Parade marching up 5th avenue starting at 11am tomorrow morning! Mr. G says the weather will be great and we have all the info you need for the big day including FREE transportation!
The Parade starts at 44th street and goes past St. Patrick’s Cathedral and ends past the American Irish Historical Society at 83rd street and will be marched in honor of ALL American Veterans — from every branch of service and from every war or conflict.
Some info and tips you may want to know for the big parade:
- Brooklyn’s Francis Comerford, President of Commercial Operations for NBC will be the grand marshal this year
- Mayor Bloomberg and police commish Ray Kelly will lead the NYPD marching band.
- Attendance this year could match the record high of 3 million spectators and 300,000 marchers set in 2002, because it’s on a Saturday and the weather is expected to be nice
- It’s the first time in 5 years the Parade falls on a Saturday!
- One of the best viewing points for the parade is on the steps of the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- You can catch all the action on channel 4 at 11am
To discourage New Yorkers from driving drunk after celebrating St. Patrick’s Day, The Daily News says the Transportation Department has partnered with beer and liquor companies to provide vouchers for rides home.
Free debit cards redeemable for $18 in taxis or in MTA, PATH, NJ Transit and other ticketing machines will be given out at Irish pubs and other bars tomorrow. Debit card quantities were not made public.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Hall & Oates Reflect on Four Decades of Making Music
- Hall & Oates Reflect on 4 Decades of Making Music
- Listen to Previously Unreleased Prince Track, ‘Electric Intercourse’ From ‘Purple Rain’ Reissue
- Shannon In The Morning Big Show Daily Podcast 4/28/17
- Metallica Offer to Replace Cover Band’s Stolen Instruments