The cast of characters in “The Drummer,” the biopic on former Beach Boys drummer Dennis Wilson, has two new editions in the form of Rupert Grint and Chloe Grace Moretz.
Variety reports that Grint will play the role of Stan Shapiro, a mail room intern at the William Morris Agency, who became friends with Wilson in the final years of his life. Moretz, who is in the final stages of negotiations, will be cast as Wilson’s daughter, Jennifer.
Grint is best known for his role as Ron Weasley in the “Harry Potter” film series alongside Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson. Moretz attained worldwide recognition for her breakthrough performance as Hit-Girl in the 2010 film “Kick-Ass,” as well various other film and TV roles like “The Amityville Horror”, “(500) Days of Summer,” “Diary of a Wimpy Kid,” “Desperate Housewives,” and “Dirty Sexy Money.”
Grint and Moretz will join Aaron Eckhart, slated to play Wilson, and Vera Farmiga, signed on to play singer-songwriter Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac. McVie dated Wilson from 1979 to 1981, but ended the relationship after she could no longer deal with his alcohol addiction.
“The Drummer” will be directed by Randall Miller and is scheduled to begin shooting June 15th.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Interview: Ann Wilson Reflects on Heart’s Remarkable Year
- Dylan, Marley, Lennon Covers Highlight Starbucks
- GRAMMY Gourmet: Josh Homme On His Kinship With Anthony Bourdain
- Kanye West Rails Against the GRAMMYs Over His Lack of Nominations, Again
- Classic Songs That Gained New Life In 2013
- Listen to Ron Burgundy and Robin Thicke Duet on Christopher Cross’ ‘Ride Like the Wind’ for ‘Anchorman 2′