DTV: Jermaine Jones Disqualified From American Idol, CBS Renews 18 Shows And More!
We have lost one of our local contestants on American Idol and it has nothing to do with his singing! Get the scoop on the Idol controversy plus some big names left off the CBS renewal list and more!
Jermaine Jones of Pine Hill, NJ was booted from the show yesterday because he concealed his criminal history and has outstanding warrants in 3 different countries.
The “Gentle Giant” told the news on his official Idol Twitter account that he would no longer be on the show, and the account was soon after deleted.
[photogallerylink id=70830]Also on the TV front, CBS has renewed 18 of it’s series for the 2012-2013 broadcast season, but some big names were left off.
Shows like How I Met Your Mother, NCIS, The Good Wife and The Big Bang Theory will be back.
Shows not renewed as of yet are Two and A Half Men, CSI: New York, CSI: Miami and Rob Schneider’s comedy Rob.
This does not mean the shows left off are cancelled, but if they are not renewed by May 16th when CBS makes their fall season presentation, they are as good as cancelled.
Listen to Dan Taylor’s entertainment report, which involves some big birthdays and also take our poll:
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Bruce Springsteen Hadn’t Read ‘The Grapes of Wrath’ Before Writing ‘The Ghost of Tom Joad’
- Bob Dylan Announces New Album ‘Shadows in the Night’
- Gene Simmons Shows You How To Perfectly Apply His Demon Make Up On His Daughter Sophie Tweed-Simmons
- Gregg Allman Dismissed from ‘Midnight Rider’ Lawsuit
- Dennis DeYoung Talks Styx’s Greatest Hits + Double CD/DVD Set