Davy Jones’ Family Say Goodbye to Former Monkee in Manchester
The private memorial service was held in Jones’ birthplace of Manchester at Lees Street Congregational Church. Jones had performed in church plays there as a child.
“We had a beautiful service, and a wonderful celebration of his life, as a family,” said Jones’ niece Beverley Barber to the BBC. “We needed a little bit of time on our own,” she continued. “All his family together in one room. He’d have been thrilled to bits to see that.”
Though Barber and the rest of the family wished the service to be private, she mentioned that public services could be held in the UK and the US. Jones’ rep, Helen Kensick, has stated a public service is being planned for New York, and former bandmate Micky Dolenz wishes to unite with the surviving Monkees to perform.
Jones passed away from a massive heart attack on February 29th after complaining about chest pains.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Joan Jett And The Blackhearts Performing At CBS-FM’s Saturday In The Park – August 22
- Lionel Richie’s ‘Hello’ Music Video Without Music is Unsettling and Creepy
- The Human League’s ‘Don’t You Want Me’ Has Too Many Words
- Smokey Robinson to be Honored By Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Today’s Weather Forecast with John Elliott: July 31, 2015
- Win Tickets To The Premiere Of “The Man From U.N.C.L.E.”