Davy Jones’ Family Say Goodbye to Former Monkee in Manchester
The private memorial service was held in Jones’ birthplace of Manchester at Lees Street Congregational Church. Jones had performed in church plays there as a child.
“We had a beautiful service, and a wonderful celebration of his life, as a family,” said Jones’ niece Beverley Barber to the BBC. “We needed a little bit of time on our own,” she continued. “All his family together in one room. He’d have been thrilled to bits to see that.”
Though Barber and the rest of the family wished the service to be private, she mentioned that public services could be held in the UK and the US. Jones’ rep, Helen Kensick, has stated a public service is being planned for New York, and former bandmate Micky Dolenz wishes to unite with the surviving Monkees to perform.
Jones passed away from a massive heart attack on February 29th after complaining about chest pains.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Tom Petty Addresses ‘That Sam Smith Thing,’ Laments That News Picked Up the Story
- Today’s Weather Forecast with John Elliott: January 30, 2015
- Win Tickets To See RAIN: A Tribute To The Beatles
- Win Tickets To See Spandau Ballet In Concert
- Ringo Starr Announces New Album ‘Postcards from Paradise’
- Ariana Grande, Lady Gaga, the Band Perry, John Legend Added to Stevie Wonder GRAMMY Tribute