Davy Jones’ Family Say Goodbye to Former Monkee in Manchester
The private memorial service was held in Jones’ birthplace of Manchester at Lees Street Congregational Church. Jones had performed in church plays there as a child.
“We had a beautiful service, and a wonderful celebration of his life, as a family,” said Jones’ niece Beverley Barber to the BBC. “We needed a little bit of time on our own,” she continued. “All his family together in one room. He’d have been thrilled to bits to see that.”
Though Barber and the rest of the family wished the service to be private, she mentioned that public services could be held in the UK and the US. Jones’ rep, Helen Kensick, has stated a public service is being planned for New York, and former bandmate Micky Dolenz wishes to unite with the surviving Monkees to perform.
Jones passed away from a massive heart attack on February 29th after complaining about chest pains.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Win Tickets To The Advanced Screening Of “Everest”
- Beatlemania Returns Thanks to Canadian Copyright Law
- Keith Richards: Metallica, Black Sabbath Jokes, Hip Hop for the Tone Deaf
- Janet Jackson’s ‘Unbreakable’ Details Reveal Only Two Special Guests
- Drone Fishin’
- Wait… ‘The Golden Girls’ Hooked Up with HOW MANY Men?