Davy Jones’ Family Say Goodbye to Former Monkee in Manchester
The private memorial service was held in Jones’ birthplace of Manchester at Lees Street Congregational Church. Jones had performed in church plays there as a child.
“We had a beautiful service, and a wonderful celebration of his life, as a family,” said Jones’ niece Beverley Barber to the BBC. “We needed a little bit of time on our own,” she continued. “All his family together in one room. He’d have been thrilled to bits to see that.”
Though Barber and the rest of the family wished the service to be private, she mentioned that public services could be held in the UK and the US. Jones’ rep, Helen Kensick, has stated a public service is being planned for New York, and former bandmate Micky Dolenz wishes to unite with the surviving Monkees to perform.
Jones passed away from a massive heart attack on February 29th after complaining about chest pains.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Jeff Goldblum, Liam Hemsworth to Star in ‘Independence Day 2′
- New Avengers Trailer: Here’s What We Learned
- Prince Was a Junior High Basketball Star: See the Photo
- House of Cards: Let Frank Be Murderous, Dark, Insane Frank
- Vince Vaughn Didn’t Know He Was in Those Funny Stock Photos
- Eddie Redmayne Will Play Transgender Woman In New Movie And There’s Controversy