Another aspect of The Beatles‘ lives will be uncovered in a new documentary due for release in April. Strange Fruit: The Beatles’ Apple Records will cover John, Paul, George and Ringo‘s venture into the music industry which embraced undiscovered talent and the Fab Four’s role in developing that talent.
The documentary will be released on April 24th and will delve into the history of Apple Records with new interviews from former artists from the label like Jackie Lomax and David Peel. Interviews with a number of Beatles experts are also featured, including a recent conversation with former Apple music director Tony Bramwell.
The 162-minute DVD also features rare photos, archival footage and interviews with Apple Records artists and some of the music those artists recorded while signed to the label.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- This Week In History: The Mamas And The Papas Plus A Double Dose From The ’70s & ’80s
- Joe Causi’s Top 5 Movies From The 1980s
- George Michael Injured In Car Crash
- Make It So: A ‘Star Trek’ Playlist
- Study Shows ‘Fat Talkers’ Not Popular In Social Circles
- Mr. G’s Cloudy But Mostly Dry Weekend Forecast