On last night’s American Idol the 13 finalists sang [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Stevie Wonder[/lastfm] and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Whitney Houston[/lastfm] songs. Mary J Blige was the guest mentor and the judges went nuts over a couple of performances!
We have two locals in the top 13 to root for:
Jermaine Jones of Pine Hill, New Jersey sang Knocks Me off My Feet with encouraging but mixed reviews, same goes for Heejun Han of Flushing, Queens who did All in Love Is Fair and also had mixed reviews.
Early front-runner Phillip Phillips ended the night with Superstition accompanied by three guitars and the judges went wild.
Jessica Sanchez did Whitney’s I Will Always Love You and received a standing ovation, she even brought tears to the eyes of Randy Jackson!
Someone goes home tonight, let’s just hope it’s not one of our locals!
Listen to the rest of Dan Taylor’s entertainment report, including details on the next TV Land awards show, a Monkee celebrating a birthday and more!
Here is Phillip’s initial audition video in which he also sang Superstition:
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Phil Collins Joined by ‘Hamilton’ star Leslie Odom Jr. for ‘Easy Lover’ at U.S. Open
- Video: Sting Performs New Song ‘I Can’t Stop Thinking About You’ Live @ KROQ
- Eddie Vedder Contributes New Song ‘Out of Sand’ to ‘Twin Peaks’ Soundtrack
- President Obama Shortens Grateful Dead Fan’s Prison Sentence
- ‘Surviving Compton’ Biopic Tells Michel’le Toussaint’s Story