Finalists Sing Stevie Wonder and Whitney Houston Songs On American Idol
On last night’s American Idol the 13 finalists sang [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Stevie Wonder[/lastfm] and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Whitney Houston[/lastfm] songs. Mary J Blige was the guest mentor and the judges went nuts over a couple of performances!
We have two locals in the top 13 to root for:
Jermaine Jones of Pine Hill, New Jersey sang Knocks Me off My Feet with encouraging but mixed reviews, same goes for Heejun Han of Flushing, Queens who did All in Love Is Fair and also had mixed reviews.
Early front-runner Phillip Phillips ended the night with Superstition accompanied by three guitars and the judges went wild.
Jessica Sanchez did Whitney’s I Will Always Love You and received a standing ovation, she even brought tears to the eyes of Randy Jackson!
Someone goes home tonight, let’s just hope it’s not one of our locals!
Listen to the rest of Dan Taylor’s entertainment report, including details on the next TV Land awards show, a Monkee celebrating a birthday and more!
Here is Phillip’s initial audition video in which he also sang Superstition:
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- 2014 In Review: Weddings, Deaths & Final Acts
- Watch Stephen Colbert’s All-Star Goodbye to ‘The Colbert Report’
- 5 Things About ‘The Interview’ from Someone Who Has Seen It
- George Harrison, Bee Gees to Receive GRAMMY Lifetime Achievement Awards
- Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan, Lou Reed, ABBA Among 2015 GRAMMY Hall of Fame Inductees