Report: Davy Jones’ Funeral Held Today
According to the Hollywood Reporter, a small, private service will be held for Jones’ family, including his wife Jessica Pacheco. TMZ reports that Davy’s body will be cremated, though the family has not made a decision as to what they will do with the ashes.
Jones passed away last week at the age of sixty-six from a major heart attack. He was down in Florida with his family horseback riding and had shown no signs of health related issues.
Former Monkee Micky Dolenz said he and the surviving members will most likely not attend the service, respecting the families wishes to avoid a media frenzy. Public memorials are being planned for New York and the UK, and Dolenz hopes the remaining Monkees can reunite for a performance in memory of their friend.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Neil Young’s Pono Kickstarter Raised Over $6 Million
- Rolling Stones Reschedule Australia/New Zealand Dates
- Is This Leonardo DiCaprio Dancing At Coachella?
- Steely Dan to Kick Off U.S. Tour
- AC/DC Might Be Retiring — Or Aren’t They?
- Kids React To Using A Walkman For The First Time
- Father’s Spoken Word Poem To The Boys Who Might Date His Daughter Is Both Frightening And Beautiful
- Turntable Tuesday: A Chart-Topping Collaboration Between George Michael And Aretha Franklin
- Former Teen Idol JC Chasez Helps Bring The Story Of Jesus Christ Where It’s Never Been Before
- Bill Medley On The Night Elvis Flipped Him Off, Rocky Relationship With Bobby Hatfield, & More Untold Stories In New Memoir