According to the Hollywood Reporter, a small, private service will be held for Jones’ family, including his wife Jessica Pacheco. TMZ reports that Davy’s body will be cremated, though the family has not made a decision as to what they will do with the ashes.
Jones passed away last week at the age of sixty-six from a major heart attack. He was down in Florida with his family horseback riding and had shown no signs of health related issues.
Former Monkee Micky Dolenz said he and the surviving members will most likely not attend the service, respecting the families wishes to avoid a media frenzy. Public memorials are being planned for New York and the UK, and Dolenz hopes the remaining Monkees can reunite for a performance in memory of their friend.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Mary J. Blige Talks about her Divorce
- Snoop Dogg Says Hell No to Hot Dogs
- Elvis Presley’s Birth Certificate Up for Auction at Graceland
- Prince’s Family Plans Minneapolis Tribute Concert
- Nile Rodgers Announces FOLD Lineup with Bette Midler, Earth, Wind & Fire, and More
- Rolling Stones ‘Havana Moon’ Cuba Concert Film Heading to Theaters
- MTV Classic to Launch Aug 1 with Focus on 90s
- Ice Cube Revamps ‘Hollywood Squares’ as Hip-Hop Game Show
- Bruce Springsteen’s Autobiography Will Have Companion Album
- Shannon In The Morning Big Show Daily Podcast 7/28/16