According to the Hollywood Reporter, a small, private service will be held for Jones’ family, including his wife Jessica Pacheco. TMZ reports that Davy’s body will be cremated, though the family has not made a decision as to what they will do with the ashes.
Jones passed away last week at the age of sixty-six from a major heart attack. He was down in Florida with his family horseback riding and had shown no signs of health related issues.
Former Monkee Micky Dolenz said he and the surviving members will most likely not attend the service, respecting the families wishes to avoid a media frenzy. Public memorials are being planned for New York and the UK, and Dolenz hopes the remaining Monkees can reunite for a performance in memory of their friend.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- John Lennon ‘Sgt. Pepper’s’ Sketch Going to Auction
- Listen to a New Beatles Outtake from ‘Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band’
- Bruce Springsteen and Steven Van Zandt Mourn Loss of Jonathan Demme
- Talking Heads’ David Byrne Pens Heartfelt Tribute to Director Jonathan Demme
- ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3’ Our Soundtrack Wishlist
- Aretha Franklin Blasts Dionne Warwick for ‘Libel’ via Lengthy Fax
- Chuck Berry’s New Single ‘Wonderful Woman’ is Dedicated to Wife ‘Toddy’
- David Bowie’s ‘Labyrinth’ Soundtrack Gets the Vinyl Release You’ve Been Waiting For
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Reveals 2018 Plans
- Watch Adam Levine Honor Christina Grimmie with ‘Hey Jude’ Performance