According to the Hollywood Reporter, a small, private service will be held for Jones’ family, including his wife Jessica Pacheco. TMZ reports that Davy’s body will be cremated, though the family has not made a decision as to what they will do with the ashes.
Jones passed away last week at the age of sixty-six from a major heart attack. He was down in Florida with his family horseback riding and had shown no signs of health related issues.
Former Monkee Micky Dolenz said he and the surviving members will most likely not attend the service, respecting the families wishes to avoid a media frenzy. Public memorials are being planned for New York and the UK, and Dolenz hopes the remaining Monkees can reunite for a performance in memory of their friend.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- The Rolling Stones Tell Donald Trump to Stop Using Their Music
- Painkiller Percocet Present in Prince’s Body: Report
- Janet Jackson is Pregnant: Report
- Train to Release ‘Led Zeppelin II’ Cover Album
- Watch Paul McCartney Cover Prince’s ‘Let’s Go Crazy’ in Minneapolis
- Prince Group The Family Re-Release ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ With Video
- Janet Jackson Drops Video for ‘Dammn Baby’
- US Attorney’s Office and DEA Join Prince investigation
- Celebrate Prince: ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ Lyrics Take Special Meaning Today
- Near-Death Rumors Denied by Little Richard