According to the Hollywood Reporter, a small, private service will be held for Jones’ family, including his wife Jessica Pacheco. TMZ reports that Davy’s body will be cremated, though the family has not made a decision as to what they will do with the ashes.
Jones passed away last week at the age of sixty-six from a major heart attack. He was down in Florida with his family horseback riding and had shown no signs of health related issues.
Former Monkee Micky Dolenz said he and the surviving members will most likely not attend the service, respecting the families wishes to avoid a media frenzy. Public memorials are being planned for New York and the UK, and Dolenz hopes the remaining Monkees can reunite for a performance in memory of their friend.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Win Tickets To Star Trek: Mission New York
- David Bowie Box Set to Include Lost Album ‘The Gouster’
- Woodstock Trolls Republican National Convention
- Trump Defies The Rolling Stones
- The Beatles’ Long Lost Demo ‘It’s For You’ Found
- Shannon In The Morning Big Show Daily Podcast 7/22/16
- George Harrison’s Estate Blasts Trump for Using ‘Here Comes the Sun’ at RNC
- Listen to David Bowie’s Isolated Vocal Track from ‘Ziggy Stardust’
- Joe Perry to Rejoin Hollywood Vampires Tour
- Bruce Springsteen Preps ‘Expansive’ Solo Album