According to the Hollywood Reporter, a small, private service will be held for Jones’ family, including his wife Jessica Pacheco. TMZ reports that Davy’s body will be cremated, though the family has not made a decision as to what they will do with the ashes.
Jones passed away last week at the age of sixty-six from a major heart attack. He was down in Florida with his family horseback riding and had shown no signs of health related issues.
Former Monkee Micky Dolenz said he and the surviving members will most likely not attend the service, respecting the families wishes to avoid a media frenzy. Public memorials are being planned for New York and the UK, and Dolenz hopes the remaining Monkees can reunite for a performance in memory of their friend.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Emerson, Lake & Palmer, King Crimson Frontman Greg Lake Dies at 69
- Madonna Joins James Corden for Carpool Karaoke
- Yoko Ono Pays Tribute to John Lennon on Anniversary of His Death
- Sarah McLachlan On Why ‘Angel’ Causes You to Cry Instantly
- GRAMMY Nominations: 7 Bizarre Matchups
- Win Passes For Lucasfilms’ ‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’ Advanced Screening
- Place Your Bids: Sotheby’s ‘Rock & Roll Anthology’ Gallery Auction
- David Bowie Concert Celebration Set for New York City
- Jay-Z Tried to Manage Prince’s Catalog Following His Death
- Weird Texts from Cyndi Lauper: ‘Hey Jewel, Do You Yodel?’