According to the Hollywood Reporter, a small, private service will be held for Jones’ family, including his wife Jessica Pacheco. TMZ reports that Davy’s body will be cremated, though the family has not made a decision as to what they will do with the ashes.
Jones passed away last week at the age of sixty-six from a major heart attack. He was down in Florida with his family horseback riding and had shown no signs of health related issues.
Former Monkee Micky Dolenz said he and the surviving members will most likely not attend the service, respecting the families wishes to avoid a media frenzy. Public memorials are being planned for New York and the UK, and Dolenz hopes the remaining Monkees can reunite for a performance in memory of their friend.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Depeche Mode Announce North American Leg of World Tour
- Win Tickets To See Chicago & The Doobie Brothers In Concert
- Bahamas Swimming Pigs Found Dead After Tourists ‘Fed Them Rum’
- U2 Accused of Stealing Material for 1991 Album ‘Achtung Baby’
- Watch James Corden Spoof ‘La La Land’ Oscars Debacle in Song
- Elvis Costello & The Imposters Announce 2017 Tour Dates
- Watch Sara Bareilles Cover Joni Mitchell for Oscars’ In Memoriam Segment
- Goo Goo Dolls Announce Tour Dates, Tease New EP
- ’90s Rockers Soundgarden Announce 2017 U.S. Tour
- Watch Sting Perform ‘The Empty Chair’ at the Oscars