According to the Hollywood Reporter, a small, private service will be held for Jones’ family, including his wife Jessica Pacheco. TMZ reports that Davy’s body will be cremated, though the family has not made a decision as to what they will do with the ashes.
Jones passed away last week at the age of sixty-six from a major heart attack. He was down in Florida with his family horseback riding and had shown no signs of health related issues.
Former Monkee Micky Dolenz said he and the surviving members will most likely not attend the service, respecting the families wishes to avoid a media frenzy. Public memorials are being planned for New York and the UK, and Dolenz hopes the remaining Monkees can reunite for a performance in memory of their friend.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Queen’s ‘Another One Bites the Dust’ Sets the Tone in New Super Bowl Ad
- A Bob Marley Cannabis Strain Will Be Released on His Birthday
- Madonna Performs ‘Take a Bow’ for the First Time in 20 Years
- Win Tickets To The Play Fair
- Maurice White, Founder of Earth, Wind & Fire, Dead At 74
- Elton John Performs Surprise Piano Medley in London Tube Station
- Watch Mick Jagger Age 50+ Years In Under 5 Minutes
- Kitten Bowl III Has a Halftime Surprise: PUPPIES!
- Watch Audi’s Super Bowl Ad Featuring David Bowie’s ‘Starman’
- Win Tickets To The Rock Hall Three For All Concert