Public memorials for the late Davy Jones are being planned for his native England, as well as in New York, reports Jones’ rep, Helen Kensick, in an email message to the media.
Dates for those memorials have not been announced, but should come after private services for the former Monkee are held in Florida.
Jones was in Florida last week when he died from a sudden, massive heart attack, which is the confirmed cause of death according to the medical examiner.
“Jones died after spending a happy family weekend with his wife, Jessica Pacheco, and her family riding horses,” Kensick said in the statement. “There was no sign of illness or of anything being wrong.”
Former bandmate Peter Tork spoke with Joe Causi last week to discuss Jones’ legacy.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Win Tickets To Studio 54 Night At Resorts World Casino
- Tom Hanks Recreates ‘Big’ Rap
- Toni Braxton Wears Heart Monitor on Stage
- ZZ Top Announce 2017 Tonnage Tour
- Boy George, Pet Shop Boys, More Pay Tribute to Late Dead or Alive Singer
- CBS-FM’s Holiday In Brooklyn | James Taylor, Jimmy Buffett & Sarah McLachlan
- 1960s Pop Idol Bobby Vee Dead at 73
- Roger Waters, Alongside Neil Young & My Morning Jacket, Cover Bob Dylan’s ‘Forever Young’
- Win Tickets To See Roger Waters at Barclays Center
- ‘Over The Rainbow:’ Smithsonian Hits Goal To Save Dorothy’s Ruby Red Slippers