Public Memorial in New York Planned for Davy Jones
Public memorials for the late Davy Jones are being planned for his native England, as well as in New York, reports Jones’ rep, Helen Kensick, in an email message to the media.
Dates for those memorials have not been announced, but should come after private services for the former Monkee are held in Florida.
Jones was in Florida last week when he died from a sudden, massive heart attack, which is the confirmed cause of death according to the medical examiner.
“Jones died after spending a happy family weekend with his wife, Jessica Pacheco, and her family riding horses,” Kensick said in the statement. “There was no sign of illness or of anything being wrong.”
Former bandmate Peter Tork spoke with Joe Causi last week to discuss Jones’ legacy.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- CBS-FM Star Phone: Jerry Lewis Saved Tony Orlando’s Life, Twice
- Check Out Andre 3000 As Jimi Hendrix in ‘All Is By My Side’ Clip
- Adam Lambert Will Join Queen On Upcoming North American Tour
- Boomer Esiason Welcomes Scott Shannon, Talks Fighting Cystic Fibrosis
- A View Like No Other: Time Releases Stunning Photo From Atop One World Trade Center
- Watch Prince Premiere New Song ‘FUNKNROLL’ on Arsenio
- A New Study Shows Which Words in Music Have Stood the Test of Time
- CBS-FM Star Phone: Prince Will Be Taking Over The Arsenio Hall Show Tonight
- Interview: How Did Billy Ray Cyrus Wind Up Recording with Dionne Warwick?
- Sting, Paul Simon Rock MSG: An Instagram & Twitter Recap