Public Memorial in New York Planned for Davy Jones
Public memorials for the late Davy Jones are being planned for his native England, as well as in New York, reports Jones’ rep, Helen Kensick, in an email message to the media.
Dates for those memorials have not been announced, but should come after private services for the former Monkee are held in Florida.
Jones was in Florida last week when he died from a sudden, massive heart attack, which is the confirmed cause of death according to the medical examiner.
“Jones died after spending a happy family weekend with his wife, Jessica Pacheco, and her family riding horses,” Kensick said in the statement. “There was no sign of illness or of anything being wrong.”
Former bandmate Peter Tork spoke with Joe Causi last week to discuss Jones’ legacy.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Bruce Springsteen Hadn’t Read ‘The Grapes of Wrath’ Before Writing ‘The Ghost of Tom Joad’
- Bob Dylan Announces New Album ‘Shadows in the Night’
- Gene Simmons Shows You How To Perfectly Apply His Demon Make Up On His Daughter Sophie Tweed-Simmons
- Gregg Allman Dismissed from ‘Midnight Rider’ Lawsuit
- Dennis DeYoung Talks Styx’s Greatest Hits + Double CD/DVD Set
- Have a Happy Halloween With “Ajax Mortuary”: Deadliness is Next To Godliness
- Enter to Win: Holiday Doo Wop Extravaganza
- Judge Judy Thanks Viewers with Free Book and New Show
- Phil Collins Calls Adele ‘A Slippery Little Fish’ After Supposed Album Snub
- Elvis Costello Jams with The New Basement Tapes on ‘Kansas City’ Session: Watch