Public memorials for the late Davy Jones are being planned for his native England, as well as in New York, reports Jones’ rep, Helen Kensick, in an email message to the media.
Dates for those memorials have not been announced, but should come after private services for the former Monkee are held in Florida.
Jones was in Florida last week when he died from a sudden, massive heart attack, which is the confirmed cause of death according to the medical examiner.
“Jones died after spending a happy family weekend with his wife, Jessica Pacheco, and her family riding horses,” Kensick said in the statement. “There was no sign of illness or of anything being wrong.”
Former bandmate Peter Tork spoke with Joe Causi last week to discuss Jones’ legacy.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Chainsmokers, Keith Urban, Aerosmith to Play NCAA March Madness Music Festival
- ‘Grateful Dead Movie’ to Return to Theaters April 20
- 5 Costly Songwriting Similarities
- David Bowie Sculpture Prognosis: Not Good
- This Watch Features David Bowie’s Face and Style
- The Beatles’ Hometown Plots ‘Sgt. Pepper’s’ 50th Anniversary Celebration
- The Deed’s Sidney Torres Talks House Flipping, Real Estate and Lenny Kravitz
- Paris Jackson: Alice Cooper is a ‘Total Bae’
- Blondie Release ‘Long Time’ Written by Dev Hynes of Blood Orange
- Listen to Chuck Berry’s Posthumous ‘Big Boys’ from New Album ‘Chuck’