Public Memorial in New York Planned for Davy Jones
Public memorials for the late Davy Jones are being planned for his native England, as well as in New York, reports Jones’ rep, Helen Kensick, in an email message to the media.
Dates for those memorials have not been announced, but should come after private services for the former Monkee are held in Florida.
Jones was in Florida last week when he died from a sudden, massive heart attack, which is the confirmed cause of death according to the medical examiner.
“Jones died after spending a happy family weekend with his wife, Jessica Pacheco, and her family riding horses,” Kensick said in the statement. “There was no sign of illness or of anything being wrong.”
Former bandmate Peter Tork spoke with Joe Causi last week to discuss Jones’ legacy.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- No, This Man Did Not Jump From An Airplane Without a Parachute
- Don Brewer Recalls Epic Grand Funk Railroad Moments with Scott Shannon
- Today’s Weather Forecast with John Elliott: July 29, 2015
- Keith Richards Netflix Doc to Be Released in September
- Jimmy Page Looks Back on Led Zeppelin, and Towards the Future
- Would Tom Cruise Like Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation as a Little Boy?
- Tom Cruise Finds That Loving Feeling With Jimmy Fallon During a Lip Sync Battle for the Ages
- Today’s Weather Forecast with John Elliott: July 28, 2015
- Tom Cruise Takes on Jimmy Fallon in Epic Lip Synch Battle
- Mariah Carey to Receive Star on Hollywood Walk Of Fame